Another bad CM2350 delete from Colarado
03-27-2021, (Subject: Another bad CM2350 delete from Colarado ) 
RE: Another bad CM2350 delete from Colarado
Thanks Rawze

Let me give a little back story on this. This company belongs to a small family owned trucking company that I am leased to. They have two divisions, one flatbed and one dirt.

They have probably 15-20 dirt trucks that have anything from 871's to 2350's. about two to three years ago they contacted this company out if Colorado to de-mandate several of their trucks ONLY, they didn't want at the time any power changes just wanted the problem systems gone.

This particular truck is an OTR Flatbed truck, a 2014 W900. which at the time was being driven by a young "Go-Getter" lets say...

Before this truck was "FIXED" they had already had the dirt fleet done and have had problems right from the start. They have trucks throwing codes for NOX sensors that aren't even on the truck anymore, codes for Idle validation, and the list goes on. Half of the trucks running these guys tunes have that check engine light on more now then they did before. While I'm not sure of the number exactly, several of them have had to be rebuilt already as well.

This particular truck's story now. The young gun driver, will just call him "Gunner", decided that he wanted his truck deleted and maybe a little more power. Not happy with the stock 600 hp 1850 torque because a stock 2010 with 565 1850 cm871 could out pull him, Gunner got them to let him do his truck.

They did the tune remotely here in their shop and sent the truck out to work. While I'm not sure of the way it was supposed to be set, it was to my understanding supposed to be able to be able to out pull the 2010 now. However a short time later it was faced with the same load, weight and all as the 2010 and was out pulled again. So this pissed off Gunner and he took to Facebook just trashing the "Tuner" in Colorado. So they contacted the him and said to bring it to their shop and they'd get it "RIGHT"..

Gunner spent three days in Colorado with them messing with this truck on their dyno. They put a 500 series CM871 600 turbo on the truck because they couldn't get the stock turbo to work right and then sent him out the door with this tune.. less than three weeks later the truck lost the number one rod bearing which took out the crank and resulted in an out of frame rebuild at slightly less than 600K on the truck.

Fortunately two days after the truck blew up, Gunner decided he wanted a local job and left the company. As a result this truck has sat un-used except for the owner using it for local pick up and delivery mainly because the truck is so radical that no one wants to drive it.

I've always thought that because of his bad mouthing them on FB that they did this to this truck on purpose, after seeing this tune I'm know sure of this. In my opinion anyone that knows enough about tuning to be able to make a tune that will still let the truck run down the road is 100% knowledgeable enough to know this tune would serve one purpose and that's to DESTROY this motor.. I have no doubt they did this 100% on purpose, and to me that's criminal, that's deliberately meant to cost someone $40k+.. And the worst part about it in my opinion is they knew this driver running his mouth was just that, ONLY a driver, they had at the time plenty of experience with this company, they knew it was owned by a 65 year old widow woman, and they knew it was her dime that would have to replace this engine and not Gunner and his big mouth...

I knew the tune was Sh!T when I got into it and started looking, But to have Rawze, a man who has seen thousands of crap tunes in his time say "This is the worst tune I've EVER seen" just confirms to me the pure, intentional vendetta behind this tune..

User's Signature: 08 KW W900L 600hp ISX, 18sp, 3:36 rears.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Waterloo , Roysbigtoys , JimT , 03maxpower

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another bad CM2350 delete from Colarado - LRT1549 - 03-27-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.