Catastrophic Gasket Failure... ISX Air Compressor
04-19-2021, (Subject: Catastrophic Gasket Failure... ISX Air Compressor ) 
RE: Catastrophic Gasket Failure... ISX Air Compressor
The old girl is running much better after her repair. I found what looked like a slight leak on the intake side when reassembling. The air intake gasket at the block had a tad bit of what looked like soot on her.

Cleaned all of that up, did the alignment/timing on the compressor, etc. The compressor now has zero knock, it was slight before, maybe I was a tooth or two off when I replaced it the first time, it was what, 2 degrees outside in the driveway? Fuel mileage looks to be up too, filled at my usual TA, no clue if they are still running winter blend or not, but the mpg is better.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne , JimT
04-19-2021, (Subject: Catastrophic Gasket Failure... ISX Air Compressor ) 
RE: Catastrophic Gasket Failure... ISX Air Compressor
Thanks for the follow-up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.