ISM Cummins CM875 Power surge
04-02-2021, (Subject: ISM Cummins CM875 Power surge ) 
RE: ISM Cummins CM875 Power surge
(04-01-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  Unplug the egr valve and road test, if it still acts up then install a mechanical fuel pressure gauge and make sure the pressure is about 120 psi at 1200 rpm. I would also check for aerated fuel, but you need to install a clear test line between the suction line and pump for that.

You could just put a block plate at the mixer pipe and not allow any egr gas into the intake and see if the surge goes away.

I think the ISM 875 suffers the same flaw the ISX 870 had. The EGR actuator motor is on the hot side and burns out yearly. I'm thinking the valve is stuck open and allowing egr flow when it should not be allowing any. The ecm sees the flow and flags the derate. Just my gut feeling here.

I have removed the valve and the valve seems to work properly off of the truck, plugged in and actuating the egr valve open and closed with cummins insite. And i dont have any missmatch correlation codes with the EGR position sensor.

But with that being said, have you had issues with these folowing the commanded egr position according to the position sensor, but still not opening correctly while in operation?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISM Cummins CM875 Power surge - Diesmandrew - 04-02-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.