ecm tune egr dpf intact
04-02-2021, (Subject: ecm tune egr dpf intact ) 
ecm tune egr dpf intact
looking for a safe ecm tune for cm 871 along with exhaust manifold fass. what works with this engine.this engine will not be refused at any dealership and will pass ca. no scr though.
replyreply
04-03-2021, (Subject: ecm tune egr dpf intact ) 
RE: ecm tune egr dpf intact
Your question does not make any sense.

Does your truck have all its emissions still intact? -- or is it egr-deleted (de-mandated)?

more details about the truck like make, model, engine model and tier, maybe an ESN# as well, ?

maybe some background in what your goals are besides installing some garbage-can aftermarket trash you mentioned?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
all emissions are intact 2011 freightliner cascadia cm871 egr dpf 79397984 goals are fuel mileage and keeping the emissions system as clean as possible and engine running at optimum efficiency 525hp at flywheel. the fass i will be putting on for taking care of air in the fuel. i have no knowledge about cummins since the 90s. i've been running caterpillars since 2000.
replyreply
Do an EGR tuneup every 12 months, bake and flow test the DOC,DPF every couple years

install pyro and boost gauges and keep your boost below 20 psi all the time, don't use the cruise control and stay under 60 mph. NEVER lug the engine below 1500 rpm, use the h.p. not the torque. that low end torque is what kills the ISX.

Do an injector leak down test every 6 months or so to insure your fuel system is operating optimally. Also pressurize your entire engine to find any boost leaks that will suck fuel.

don't drive around with check engine lights on for extended periods of time.

Do those things and you don't need any custom tuning for what you are trying to achieve.

Explain your air in fuel problem a little more please, not sure what your trying to accomplish with the fass?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(04-03-2021 )gearratio Wrote:  all emissions are intact 2011 freightliner cascadia cm871 egr dpf 79397984 goals are fuel mileage and keeping the emissions system as clean as possible and engine running at optimum efficiency 525hp at flywheel. the fass i will be putting on for taking care of air in the fuel. I have no knowledge about cummins since the 90s. i've been running caterpillars since 2000.

If you have a davco or other pre-filter fuel-water-separator device on that cascada, you don't need the fass fuel system. It would be a complete waste of money that will yield zero benefit long term, and only cost you its repairs or removal later on. If you don't have a davco,... then invest in that instead of some over-priced aftermarket device that is not going to be any better for the job except to drain your wallet of money that you could have applied far more wisely. STOP listening to the ignorant masses and those people who market bulls#it like that to you.

Like others mentioned, egr tune-up work regularly and pulling those exhaust cans about every other year, take pictures of their faces and post them here, then have em de-ashed and baked out on a proper machine for a few hundred at a stealers$it.

your first investment should be a cheap laptop, and then an inline-6 adapter off ebay for a few hundred bucks. Modern engine = having a computer handy to talk to it when it cries or for when you have to work on it. Keep it out of the repair shops for minor to medium stuff, learn to turn a wrench on it, and it will make you way more money than those old yellow fuel-sucking turds that ppl used to own.

The single and only advantage of owning an ISX/cummins is that you can learn to work on it yourself, and a CM871 is a gem of an engine to own. It can be the best investment you ever made in trucking... or your worst nightmare, but you (the person in the mirror) are the one that is going to determine that ... not your equipment. It is simply a mechanical device that will react and punish or reward you for how you care for it, it is simple as that.

we no longer live in the age of "drive it till it breaks" trucking. We live in the age of trucking where if you don't learn to turn a wrench on it, and don't invest in a computer to talk to it, then your always the mercy of the system OEM repair shops that do nothing but keep you broke all the time and cursing your truck for breaking down with emissions system issues non-stop. That is no way to be trucking out here, you end up broke and out of business.

I am sure you have heard all the horror stories all over the place about how bad these emissions system engines are.. they are just the mass collection of idiots who have this blind-man mentality who are also afraid of taking a wrench to it and knuckling down, investing in tools and some few hundred bucks of software/adapter to keep after their preventative maintenance.

Also, you have a Cascadia and an ISX.... there is nothing stopping you from busting out 8+ mpg out of that truck and engine if you do things right. - It can't get any better combination of equipment than this for yielding a high profit margin... or for setting yourself up as a hyper-miler like I do. That setup is designed for only one thing... highest profits on mostly highway-only freight and nothing else. Use it to your advantage and throw out any of those big-power and big-aftermarket-mods toilet ways of thinking. Invest in the things that actually count towards long term profit + keeping after the truck and engine properly instead.

Just ask yourself "what would Rawze do if he owned it"?... because if i owned it, I would be getting 9+ mpg out of it hauling dry/reefer freight and my million mile average would be in the mid-to-high 8 range. Now just imagine how many hundreds of thousands that I would save in fuel over a million miles of 8+ and 9+ mpg... and you start to see why I preach the thing that I do about these red cry-babies.

With that setup you have there, All I see is great opportunity... or someones wasted potential. That is what I see, so which one of those are you going to be?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
thank you,no davco yet,boost gauge yes No PYRO! yet i have a full suite of tools including 3 laptops. i will print off what you wrote as a guide,this is the best information i have ever gotten about the ISX! Thank you!
replyreply
i guess no printing allowed?
replyreply
(04-03-2021 )gearratio Wrote:  i guess no printing allowed?

there is nothing stopping you from printing info off this website. Must be on your end.

replyreply
we have a place we're taking the dpf to this week. will purchase a davco system(althoughdetroit likes to call it their system,not davco)
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.