Looking for help/advice on truck ...
05-18-2022, (Subject: Looking for help/advice on truck ... ) 
RE: Looking for help/advice on truck ...
Thank you for the advice. I am aware that the responsibility is on me, that is the primary reason I came to this forum. I am able to do some simple repairs myself, but I am aware of my own inadequacy, and I am here to remedy that.

As for when I purchase it, I had the truck put on a dyno at Cummins the day I bought the truck. Had it gone over, and several issues repaired. New Air, coolant, and exhaust lines. Replaced all batteries because it had marine batteries. New injectors on 1, and 3. I also had the egr tuned. I did not want to make the mistake of taking an "as is" used truck and expecting it to be road ready.

I take my truck to shops because I am not an expert, and when repairs come, that I have never done, I'd rather it be done by someone who is suppose to be a professional. Instead of relying on something I watched in a YouTube video. But since that has been a failing choice, my level of mechanical competence must improve quickly. Again why I am here, and why I am so glad that you are here to educate us drivers who do not know.

As for the crank case, when I got the truck back from those morons at Cummins, there was a bolt missing from the bottom of the crank case filter, and was leaking oil all over my truck. It was a custom bolt that cost me $65 to replace. While I was at it, I installed a maintenance free filter.

I do as much maintenance and repairs as I am comfortable doing right now. The more I learn, the more I do. But I am also comfortable admitting that I do not know something, and after realizing how clueless the dealerships were, I went directly to Cummins hoping that the makers of the engine would know better. Being wrong at that, I went to mom and pops. And after being taking (sometimes ruthlessly so) I am in search of someone who is honest and knowledgeable. My goal is to become as self sufficient, but if a problem arises that I have never done, unless it is a relatively simple fix, I would like to have an experience hand.

Here are some of the answers to your questions. She is a 2017 with 493,523 miles as of the moment of this post. The EGR is intact, and was tuned by a Cummins in Iowa on June 24th 2020.

Thank you for your feedback, and for some of the possible causes for my issues. I will get to figuring out how to fix them myself, and how to know for sure if that is the problem. I don't have money to fix things that don't need fixed right now. I see all these drivers playing guessing games fixing things that didn't need fixing. Only to find out after, it was a relatively affordable repair.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for help/advice on truck ... - StormChaser - 05-18-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.