Looking for help/advice on truck ...
05-18-2022, (Subject: Looking for help/advice on truck ... ) 
RE: Looking for help/advice on truck ...
(05-18-2022 )StormChaser Wrote:  ...
On this specific, my truck is not lugging below 1500. At 70 mph my RPM is right at 1500. It is 1700 when going 75, and 1900 at 80. I rarely go 80, and tend to keep my truck at 70 mph. I know that Cummins are built for high resolution. What RPM do you recommend for cruising?

That is because it is not geared so well. you would be better to drive it in a lower gear and keep the rpm above 1500 unless it is empty or on perfectly flat ground where your not pressing the fuel pedal in hardly... and you need to learn to slow down. 70+ mpg sucks the bottom of the fuel tanks + beats the h#ell out of the truck all day and this does not get you any further ahead for the week. Learn to slow down and keep the door shut more to keep the average speeds up instead of running its arsse into the ground. It is no wonder you don't have 2 dimes to rub together. Your driving it like a mad man..and giving all your money away to the oil companies and repair shops. - Drop a gear or 2 if needed and learn to keep it down at 63~ish and your wallet will get much fatter for it.

The success in trucking is to learn to lower ALL of your operating costs across the board .. by slowing down, not beating the holy h#ell out of your equipment at those excessive 70+ speeds... and not by getting more miles a week in, but managing the miles that you do make with as little cost as possible. By driving it like a bat out iof h#ll and trying to keep up with the traffic and the joneses, chasing more miles... .. all your doing is wasting money and efforts for no profitable reason at the end of the week ... month.. year. - That is why most owner-ops do nothing but struggle.. because they get caught up into that idea because they don't know any better.

THE MOST SUCCESSFUL owner ops on this forum drive under 63~ish mph, they have learned to baby the h#ell out of their equipment to keep operating costs at a minimum, and do all of the regular required maintenance.. keep after everything properly.. this is the formula for good success and entails the least amount of headache at the end of the day.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , arazdolgin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for help/advice on truck ... - Rawze - 05-18-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.