Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak
04-12-2021, (Subject: Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak ) 
Question Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak
Good morning guru’s. I have a 06’ international 9900i eagle with a 13 speed manual, 40k rears, and 3.55 gears with a 565 Cummins isx with 1,003,325 miles on it. I just replaced the front main seal and that stopped my major oil leak but now it looks like it’s the oil pan gasket. Everything on the front cover shows no indications of leaks coming from there. Any ideas on that? Also I usually pull 77k-80k gross and when pulling a steep grade, when my rpms drop to around 1450, while in 13th gear, I get a quick skip and a good puff of white smoke out of my stacks. The motor hasn’t been tuned and still has the egr. It is maintained meticulously. It’s a cm870 if I recall correctly.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak
Run the overhead adjustment and then do an injector leak test...

part2: https://odysee.com/@rawze:d/isx-injector...awze-2-3:b
part3: https://odysee.com/@rawze:d/isx-injector...awze-3-3:7

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I’ll be sure to get that done. Any idea where I can find the literature for the testing procedures? Thanks for your advice. Trying to get my fuel mileage up.
replyreply
On a side note, truck doesn’t have a boost gauge or pyrometer. What would you recommend and where would you recommend I install them. Thanks again
replyreply
Sign up at quickserve.cummins.com it's free. You just put in your ESN and you can get all the service and parts information you'll need to do anything on that engine. It's the same thing the stealers use.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Sweet. Thanks
replyreply
Any ideas on the oil leak? I’ve gotten under it and see oil around the oil pan bolts but none coming from the front main seal. I’ve checked with it cold, hot, and running at 1500rpms. It blows it back all over my frame and tanks and is driving me bonkers.
replyreply
Degrease everything real good and then take it for a drive, shouldn't be that hard to find. If it's the original pan gasket maybe just replace it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
04-13-2021, (Subject: Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak ) 
also make sure it does not have excess blo-by.. and that the crank case breather circuit is not plugged up in some way.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.