Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak
04-14-2021, (Subject: Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak ) 
RE: Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak
No excess blow by and it is venting properly. I cleaned the crap out of it yesterday before a 530 mile trip. The only spots showing are the oil pan gasket. Attached are some pics. Give me
Your thoughts

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Try retorquing the pan bolts. Hard to tell from pictures but it does look like it could be the pan gasket.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Thats a lot of oil, considering that's the cleaned version with only 500miles. Yes, the pan gasket looks to be leaking pretty good for sure, but seems to be a significant amount coming from the blo-by tube as well. Maybe under a hard pull is when the oil is coming through?

Also, is that the fill tube going to the front cover (second pic)? On my 2350, thats where the rubber plug is located to access the face of the fuel pump I believe. It's what I used to turn the engine while setting my overhead. If there's an O-ring there, it could be leaking there as well. Multiple areas leaking some oil can turn into a mess quickly.

How much oil are you having to add between changes?
replyreply
Tie a jug to the crank vent tube for 500 miles and see how much it fills up. Obviously you'll need to vent the top of the jug lol ;)

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , JimT
^^---- I like it lol!
replyreply
04-15-2021, (Subject: Isx skipping under heavy oil load and small oil leak ) 
It is the blow by tube and the oil fill in that pic. I’ve tried the jug method already and no major oil in there. A lot is blowing back on the engine from the fan engaging and disengaging. I’ve checked it meticulously and it’s driving me bonkers. I’m gonna order the new gasket for the oil pan since it is the original one and the motor has only 1,004,905 miles on it.

(04-14-2021 )SquareOne Wrote:  Thats a lot of oil, considering that's the cleaned version with only 500miles. Yes, the pan gasket looks to be leaking pretty good for sure, but seems to be a significant amount coming from the blo-by tube as well. Maybe under a hard pull is when the oil is coming through?

Also, is that the fill tube going to the front cover (second pic)? On my 2350, thats where the rubber plug is located to access the face of the fuel pump I believe. It's what I used to turn the engine while setting my overhead. If there's an O-ring there, it could be leaking there as well. Multiple areas leaking some oil can turn into a mess quickly.

How much oil are you having to add between changes?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
(04-15-2021 )Luckyjayb Wrote:  ...
the motor has only 1,004,905 miles on it.

* Did anyone replace the rod and main bearings at the 800k mile mark?

* That seems to be the original crank shaft damper in those photo's? and if so... WHY!!??. - That right there can be the cause of many problems, including wiring issues, seal problems, oil leak problems, and all sorts of other vibration related things.... ALSO that is a clear sign that engine and truck has most likely been SEVERELY NEGLECTED!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I had a leak that I was chasing and could not find...

So, I went up to NAPA and bought a box of the UV Oil Dye, along with their $5 UV glasses and light kit. Cleaned up the motor, dumped around 12 bottles of that UV dye in the oil and went for a drive. I found the leak on the side of the top of the front cover, not what I was expecting. Leak fixed.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
To me it appears (based on the pictures) that the driver front corner of the oil pan gasket might be the culprit. Right at the front where the block and gear box meet, you're supposed to put some sealant there. That's where the pictures show the heaviest amount of oil. Could also be coming from the front gear box or where the air compressor bolts in (bolts on front and back are visibly wet). Again, just a guess based on the pictures posted. The gasket for the oil pan does appear to be leaking/wet in a number of places too.

When I reinstalled my oil pan after my inframe Rawze suggested I used a plumbers putty or something (my memory is a little blurry on the details right now). Painted on a small patch in each corner and haven't had any leaks from any of the corners, or anywhere else.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.