Rusty Rockers
04-18-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
RE: Rusty Rockers
(04-18-2021 )SquareOne Wrote:  For those who remember riding (or still ride) bicycles, did anyone still pedal while going down a hill....or do ya just coast lol?

Depended on the hill and the desired speed... I used to have an 18 speed mountain bike and a strong desire to go fast. Haven't ridden in years now.

Back in my youth I had a friend who lived at the top of a mountain in the Scranton, PA area. Literally down hill in every direction from his house. We would fly our bikes down the mountain in about 8 minutes then take about an hour to get back up, mostly walking because it was more energy trying to pedal.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
04-18-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
(04-18-2021 )JimT Wrote:  Back in my youth I had a friend who lived at the top of a mountain in the Scranton, PA area.

You use to ride bikes with old Joey B ?? C'mon man no way!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , amermextrucker , Chamberpains
04-23-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
I got oil sample results back. Truck has Rotella synthetic blend. Guess I didn’t communicate that clearly on the analysis card. I don’t know how to read this. Can any of you? If so please advise.
80,000 miles
18,000 miles on oil
Thank you

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202104/post_3217_1619219564_3342ff73d2cc8ab382afb45e23382142.jpeg
replyreply
04-23-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
That calcium got me, too high, meaning soot, along with the potassium, which could mean coolant... I would not run synthetic in that motor, and would change the oil out every 12,000 miles or less. A good aftermarket remote oil filter would be in order too if you keep the mandate. Amsoil makes a universal one that many guys use here, including Rawze.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
04-24-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
(04-23-2021 )Oil Slick Wrote:  I got oil sample results back. Truck has Rotella synthetic blend. Guess I didn’t communicate that clearly on the analysis card. I don’t know how to read this. Can any of you? If so please advise.
80,000 miles
18,000 miles on oil
Thank you

Also, the iron is way too high for 18,000 miles.... you have excessive wear going on in that engine according to that oil analysis. Could be all the rust breaking loose and running around in the oil... could be a coolant in oil problem.

like waterloo said.. high potasium and boron, could be coolant leak. ref: https://testoil.com/data-interpretation/...potassium/

you have other posts where you talk about coolant losses.

If you have solved all your external leaks... the next step might be to pull the pan off it, pressurize coolant system to 20 psi and let it sit over night,... look for droplets of coolant leaking down, out around one of the piston rings while turning the engine by hand the next day. If anything, just for the piece of mind anyways, considering that bad oil sample.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you for the advice. It’s still under warranty and goes in shop Monday. Palmer trucks in Fort Wayne Indiana. There supposed to give good customer service to those who buy the big trucks. Hopefully it’s not a battle to get the pan off.

Can the EGR cooler and water pump leak coolant into the oil?

What metals are iron?
replyreply
Just as you said Rawze. Found this on Peterson Cat

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Yes EGR cooler can definitely leak coolant and show up in an oil sample. Although they usually fail fairly early on in an engines life.

Good luck getting any kind of real repair out of the warranty. They are pros at bandaid's to get you out of the warranty and out of money!!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
If I were you, and you are taking it to Palmer, I would at the very least go through Quickserve and the diagnostics in regards to your possible issue. Start with reading up on properly testing the EGR cooler and testing the motor under pressure for issues. If you suspect a coolant leak, have them drop the pan and inspect the cylinder walls for coolant. You are honestly playing a game of Russian roulette here and this warranty. Educate yourself as best you can before you set foot in that den of thieves...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.