Flywheel vibration?
04-22-2021, (Subject: Flywheel vibration? ) 
RE: Flywheel vibration?
The quote before tax is $2585.It includes a clutch with manual adjustment,clutch kit,flywheel resurfacing and labor.Does the quote seem reasonable?
replyreply
I just did a 2050 ez pedal, motor mounts, cab mounts, structure gasket, removed few unneeded water lines, removed water cooler for trans installed air cooler. Think I'm in it all said and done 9-10grand. So your price is probably about right.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Mattman
Yea sounds right

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Find out if you have a solid clutch brake or a two piece. If a one piece, see if they will cut it out and replace with a two piece and see what it sounds like. My money is on the clutch brake. That is a helluva a lot cheaper than a new clutch, unless you need one? Then the rear structure needs to be done too, if you have an ISX, or you will wind up paying double when the rear structure is puking oil all over the place.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
04-23-2021, (Subject: Flywheel vibration? ) 
(04-22-2021 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  I just did a 2050 ez pedal, motor mounts, cab mounts, structure gasket, removed few unneeded water lines, removed water cooler for trans installed air cooler. Think I'm in it all said and done 9-10grand. So your price is probably about right.

Damn Lonestar, it wasn't that long ago you bought that truck right? I'm assuming it's the current truck you're driving. Were those issues present when you purchased or came about afterwards? What was the mileage on yours again?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
Flat rate on a standard clutch job is parts price plus 10 hrs labor. This is industry standard unless its a Volvo or warranty under the dealership. Volvo gets a few extra cussing and swearing hrs for having to do what's necessary to block the engine up (usually rear engine mount are attached the trans) and well, it's a Volvo... and warranty always pays way less time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
Lonestar I liked the removed the not needed coolant lines.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
I ended up taking it to another shop that a few friends of mine use and they are going to take a second look at it and see if it’s the clutch or something else.
replyreply
Second opinions are always good, especially on something that can get out of hand quickly.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.