Cm870 timing off??
04-13-2021, (Subject: Cm870 timing off?? ) 
Cm870 timing off??
We recently bought a 07 pete with a cm870 rated at 475hp... took it to local shop to change some cruise control settings and their insite said it was changed to 550hp. We recently had to do the front cover due to oil leak and when putting everything back together i used the wedges that were recommended on the valve cover. After the front cover truck now only builds 32lbs of boost before it was 38. Wondering if the timing was set other than what is on the valve cover when it was switched to 550hp and that is what is causing lower boost??? Also found the egr valve unplugged so i plugged it back in and started getting high egt’s so i unplugged it again.. no check engine light either. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
replyreply
RE: Cm870 timing off??
Probably a bad delete and the wrong program for the engine. What program does insite say is in it and what program does it say on the data plate?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
using the wrong wedges does not make the boost change like that... ALWAYS use the correct wedges as needed per engine CPL.

YOU NEED TO ALSO verify the program that is installed into in the engine... and make sure it matches the engine ser#.

ALSO, assume you have a bad delete. Pull a copy of the program out of the engine ecm and send it over to me for review.

sounds to me like your journey with getting it right has just begun.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bakanka
(04-13-2021 )Nyluke124 Wrote:  ...

truck now only builds 32lbs of boost before it was 38.

That is typically a sign of a derate in the engine. Are there any fault codes? .. and Check engine light due to egr valve being unplugged? . if not, assume it has a bad delete program in it.

For all you know it could have terrible delete programming in it and it suddenly jumped engine operating modes on you due to the idiot who made the delete file not re-mapping the engine mode control logic properly (a very common issue with 90% of bad deletes reviewed on here).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
How do i go about getting you that information do i need to get insite myself or is there another program i can use?
replyreply
04-14-2021, (Subject: Cm870 timing off?? ) 
(04-13-2021 )Nyluke124 Wrote:  How do i go about getting you that information do i need to get insite myself or is there another program i can use?

You will need Insite and an Inline reader. Maybe you can find a shop locally that can pull the file and put it on a thumb drive?

If you cannot, I would still order an Inline reader off of eBay, they are around $300 and include the software. In the mean time, I would take the truck to a dealership and have them flash the ECM to the latest factory program.

As long as you have the EGR valve installed, and no one swapped out the factory turbo, you should be OK.

Hopefully they did not plate anything else off or drill holes in the block.

Have the dealer look over the motor to make sure nothing stupid has been done prior to flashing the ECM. Tell them you suspect it has a delete and you want it fixed.

Hopefully there is a real mechanic there that knows what to look for.

If not, bobtail it to Griffin GA and have it repaired correctly at Mr Haggs.

Personally, take it to Mr Hagg, that way, there are no unanswered questions left on the table. A few dollars in fuel and a few hours of your time, your call.

A lot of "Hope" going on in this post... Until you get to GA and have it fixed correctly.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.