Fuel leak from top of gear pump head
04-19-2021, (Subject: Fuel leak from top of gear pump head ) 
RE: Fuel leak from top of gear pump head
Looks like they are backordered, go figure. Would have to be put on waiting list and 'may' come in this week or next according to Cummins near me. Sounds like it depends on what dealer is willing to give up their stock, That price is about $24-$2500 with the head gasket and freight.
- They offer new and reman----before the sentence was finished I said 'NO' to the reman. It's literally only a $450-500 difference. Not worth the risk.

** Now it seems the new is not available. I can get a reman overnight, but damn I don't want reman.

****Spoke with Kaitlyn over at Jerry's shop and it seems they do use Cummins reman high press fuel pump heads. The new heads are apparently unattainable at this point, and with national backorders, the remans are questionable on time at best. Just gonna pull the trigger on a Cummins reman to in order to get this repair started. Will keep everyone updated on the progress ---although sounds like it will be sloowwww.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel leak from top of gear pump head - SquareOne - 04-19-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.