Fuel leak from top of gear pump head
04-23-2021, (Subject: Fuel leak from top of gear pump head ) 
RE: Fuel leak from top of gear pump head
Quick update....still waiting on the fuel pump head as of 4/23. Hopefully it shows today, but we'll see. At this point, it's not the week off that's driving me nuts or even the cost or lost revenue - it's the fact that this week off was involuntary. It is what it is though and I have to deal with it.

On another note, while doing a little research this morning (going over the torque specs on everything for when the parts arrive), I found a 'cut-away' image of the fuel pump head on Quickserve. Hadn't noticed it before. It looks like beneath the torx plug is a relief valve. When you do the plunger test I believe this is what will allow it to pass or fail. Since the relief valve is not serviceable, once compromised, the head needs to be replaced. The image can be found here:

https://quickserve.cummins.com/rtgraphic...475_lg.png
./uploads/202104/post_2_1619192183_dac427ef4ead73acd8acb937c3ed2658.png

The valley on the lower right is what is beneath the torx plug which I had the issues. Fuel is apparently blowing past at higher pressures and once it gets through it rapidly increases the amount externally leaked.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , snailexpress , Waterloo , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel leak from top of gear pump head - SquareOne - 04-23-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.