Isx15 motor needs more get up and go
04-24-2021, (Subject: Isx15 motor needs more get up and go ) 
RE: Isx15 motor needs more get up and go
(04-24-2021 )Cornbreadtrucker Wrote:  I’ve got a old tmc truck. Was wondering what to do with it to get more hp and torque with this motor? Should a person delete and who’s the best?

* what is the current HP/torque?

* What is the rear-end ratio?. Many fleet trucks are geared completely wrong these days, they cannot get out of their own way, and eat the liners out of the ISX due to lugging the engine below 1500 rpm's everywhere. Those tall rears that a lot of trucks have these torture the ISX forcing low rpm all the time, cut engine lifespan in half.

* What make.model/year truck? ... engine?

* What have you done to the truck to keep the engine healthy besides changing the oil?.. things like regular egr tune-ups?, regular overhead valve adjustments?,

* How many miles on engine?. Has the fuel pump guts been replaced at the 400k mile mark?

* Will it pass an injector leak test?

* What program is in the ecm?. For all you know, the program itself may have all the garbage like load based speed control and smart-torque2, etc.. turned on to hold it back like most company trucks these days.

* Some history? and what type of operations?

-- BTW: you got a rude awakening ahead of you if your mentality is that of "Who's the best"... vs... "Who's not going to destroy my engine"... as most all places that do that type of work are way beyond horrible, and most ppl that have that type of work done do nothing but trade DPF issues out with severely shortened engine life and repeated engine failures because of it.

There are many reasons that an engine will be sluggish... not just its power/torque rating. Also.. if the truck is geared wrong for the operations (many trucks these days are geared horribly wrong) .. then the engine is the LAST thing you want to adjust to overcome it... IT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING IN THE DRIVE-TRAIN. RE-GEARING THE TRUCK is ALWAYS the cheaper investment and has the most gains. ... IMPROVING THE GEAR RATIO OF THE VEHICLE IS THE PROPER SOLUTION!... and not trying to work the most expensive thing in the drive-line (the engine) harder.

-- and just a warning that if anyone reading this is one of those complete stupid-trucker-morons who wants big power, brag about how many HP they got, and wants to go up the hills in top gears.. They will quickly find themselves kicked off this forum real fast!. Just a warning to those who are hell bent on big power.. This place is about making money you can keep and doing things the right ways ... Not how to tear your s#it up!... No one on here is going to promote, nor help others do stupid s#it like that to their equipment.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: farbeyonddriven , mikealike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isx15 motor needs more get up and go - Rawze - 04-24-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.