trip to Pequot, Mn.
04-22-2021, (Subject: trip to Pequot, Mn. ) 
Wink trip to Pequot, Mn.
Which way is a better ride? Coming from Pa. is it better to go thru Chicago or up thru Michigan?
replyreply
04-22-2021, (Subject: trip to Pequot, Mn. ) 
RE: trip to Pequot, Mn.
Based on the advise from my trucking GPS app and some travel through that corridor, I'd run i-80 to 76 to 71 to US 30 back to 80. Then, depending on time of day and flexability in your schedule maybe take 80 out to I-39 then up to 90. A little longer but less tolls and less traffic stress. Otherwise, yeah, through chicago area. All the trips through that corridor and I've only run the ohio and indiana toll roads 2 or 3 times. US 30 is about 30 minutes longer than the toll road (but it saves you at least $100) and the detour across 80 to 39 I only did once, but I think it was less than an hour (based on estimated speed limit travel) difference which depending on time of day might be a wash.

Just my opinions. Only been through that area a couple dozen times so I'm far from an expert.

Also, try to plan you stops such that you don't have to look for parking around the chicago area. There's a relatively quiet truck stop on US 30 in Grovertown, IN. I've always found space to park there, though never actually gone inside the building. North of the chicago area is hard to find parking until you get out around Janesville, WI or beyond. At least that's been my experience.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
04-23-2021, (Subject: trip to Pequot, Mn. ) 
And since il has all their toll booths shutdown don't worry bout tolls. I bet I've saved over a grand on em unless you have ipass. I don't and I check their website monthly for any unpaid tolls and so far 0.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
When you get past the Twin cities on I-94 turn off in Clearwater to get to Hwy 10 the rest of the way. Been through Pequot Lakes many a times on my way to Bemidji.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I like route 30 across Ohio and most of Indiana. The red lights past south bend are a bit annoying but it's still worth it to avoid the tolls. These stupid states will never learn anything about business. If you price yourself out of competition no will use your stupid toll roads and bridges. Convenience only go so far before it dawns on a guy that's he's out there to make money not just turn miles. It pays big time to go out of route to avoid tolls east of Indiana and most of Chicago but especially anywhere in the NE
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.