tune up
03-01-2016, (Subject: tune up ) 
RE: tune up
(02-27-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  looks like it was cleaned around 100k miles ago if I have to guess, the egr valve and the egr cooler, turbo, and actuator looks like have been replaced around the same time

./uploads/201603/post_1744_1456850203_cbdecef2a4ca1172e8aa9c8d2e454763.jpg

A picture is worth 1,000 Delta-P sensors?

That will cause fuel mileage loss, EGR valve positioning problems, and regen issues.

-
-
-

BTW - Regular Rotella-T has better wear protection than T6 according to that oil chart that used to be posted on the old site.
replyreply
03-03-2016, (Subject: tune up ) 
thanks for catching the crack, I will replace the hoses, r they special made hose?

interesting I thought synthetic would be better more resistant to heat and dilution brakedown,
do you have a link to the tests please
replyreply
03-03-2016, (Subject: tune up ) 
(03-03-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  thanks for catching the crack, I will replace the hoses, r they special made hose?

interesting I thought synthetic would be better more resistant to heat and dilution brakedown,
do you have a link to the tests please

Yes, they are a special hose/line. I bought mine at my local Cummins shop, I think I paid $40 for the pair. They should be a regular stock item, they were at my shop. And they were a bitch to get on, at least on my motor, a little force was needed.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.