Cummins ISX fan squeaking
04-27-2021, (Subject: Cummins ISX fan squeaking ) 
Cummins ISX fan squeaking
Hey everyone, I have a 2007 International 9200i with the ISX 870. The fan assembly suddenly developed a high pitch squeaking sound of sorts. It started yesterday morning and then stopped until this afternoon when it started again. I removed the belt trying to rule that out and the fan blades spin freely by hand and don’t make any noise but the noise returns when the belt is put back on the pulley. The belt is only a few months old and doesn’t appear damaged from what I can tell. I cleaned the pulley on the fan clutch before reinstalling the belt to rule out any debris being on it as well. The head was recently replaced and the fan assembly was removed and put back on, not sure how that would matter but wanted to include it just in case. Thanks for any advice given! Have a good day.
replyreply
04-27-2021, (Subject: Cummins ISX fan squeaking ) 
RE: Cummins ISX fan squeaking
(04-27-2021 )rtjohnson1982 Wrote:  Hey everyone, I have a 2007 International 9200i with the ISX 870. The fan assembly suddenly developed a high pitch squeaking sound of sorts. It started yesterday morning and then stopped until this afternoon when it started again. I removed the belt trying to rule that out and the fan blades spin freely by hand and don’t make any noise but the noise returns when the belt is put back on the pulley. The belt is only a few months old and doesn’t appear damaged from what I can tell. I cleaned the pulley on the fan clutch before reinstalling the belt to rule out any debris being on it as well. The head was recently replaced and the fan assembly was removed and put back on, not sure how that would matter but wanted to include it just in case. Thanks for any advice given! Have a good day.

use a spray-bottle to spray soapy water or some other spray soap-based cleaner onto the inner part of the belt lightly while engine is idling and squealing... if the squealing stops... it is the belt squealing.

If it is the belt, then take a wire brush vigorously to all the groves in all the pulleys to rough them up again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.