Torque and Fastener Info
05-08-2021, (Subject: Torque and Fastener Info ) 
Torque and Fastener Info
I and others have often asked "what torque" does x, y, or z require. While Quickserve is usually very helpful with this info, I've had a small handful of times where the information wasn't listed there. Also, getting the info from other manufacturers isn't always as easy (I'm looking at you PACCAR!).

Soooo, IN THE ABSENCE OF SPECIFIC VALUES for a given application, I've found the following charts to be extremely helpful:

Bolts - US - Recommended Torque

Bolts - Metric - Recommended Torque

Just pay close attention to the unit of measurement! (Ft-lb, In-lb, Nm)

Also, be mindful of the materials involved. Steel bolts into an aluminum housing will require different torques!

They also have some great charts free to download and print, along with plenty of other fastener related info.

https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-infor...fault.aspx

Note: I am not affiliated with this site, but I have shopped there a few times with 100% positive results. Hopefully others find it helpful too.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
RE: Torque and Fastener Info
I've bought a few bolt kits from that site. They're handy to have laying around. Both metric and standard. The prices aren't the greatest but the quality of fastener seems decent. As I use stuff I refill the kits with fasteners from Home Depot or the hardware store down the road.
replyreply
RE: Torque and Fastener Info
Price is probably relative to your location. However I usually check my local tractor supply (sadly true hardware stores are becoming a thing of the past, a least around CT) before other sources. This site has a bigger selection, especially for larger sizes. Main reason I shared was for the information they freely provide, not to direct business. Every time I shopped there it was for something very specific. Usually big metric 10.9 bolts that aren't common in consumer stores and PACCAR wants to rape me for.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.