Truck losing air pressure while stopped can’t find leak
04-27-2021, (Subject: Truck losing air pressure while stopped can’t find leak ) 
RE: Truck losing air pressure while stopped can’t find leak
i've found that to be the case on a couple of my trucks. If you can hold your thumb over the compressor outlet, the compressor is shot.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
How much coolant will the truck lose once I completely remove the line going into the compressor?
replyreply
Before diving for new compressor check compressor unloading valve. Disconnect compressor intake, governor tube and outlet. Spray liberal amount of WD 40 in governor connection and intake.
Cover outlet with big rag, safety glasses on. Start engine and spray WD 40 in intake ntill all carbon is out.
Check pressure with finger like mechanic did.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Rawze , Roysbigtoys , JMBT
(04-27-2021 )snailexpress Wrote:  Before diving for new compressor check compressor unloading valve. Disconnect compressor intake, governor tube and outlet. Spray liberal amount of WD 40 in governor connection and intake.
Cover outlet with big rag, safety glasses on. Start engine and spray WD 40 in intake ntill all carbon is out.
Check pressure with finger like mechanic did.

Actually that used to be one of the procedures in the old Wabco manuals for those compressors.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , snailexpress , Redland1
04-28-2021, (Subject: Truck losing air pressure while stopped can’t find leak ) 
So I got the new compressor all installed as well as a new governor.Truck is airing up like it should now and holds pressure.

I tried to look on Quickserve to see how to install it but couldn’t find the section in there and ended up looking at a video on YouTube for guidance.Can anyone tell me where I could have found it on Quickserve? Thanks.
replyreply
04-29-2021, (Subject: Truck losing air pressure while stopped can’t find leak ) 
(04-28-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  So I got the new compressor all installed as well as a new governor.Truck is airing up like it should now and holds pressure.

I tried to look on Quickserve to see how to install it but couldn’t find the section in there and ended up looking at a video on YouTube for guidance.Can anyone tell me where I could have found it on Quickserve? Thanks.

you never mentioned what make/model/year engine and truck you have.

engine ESN# (serial#)?

-------------

btw. you need to choose the "service" option in quickserv and then choose the "service manual" in the list.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(04-26-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Earlier today I was going to get my first load of sand and I drove onto the scale/silo and set my brakes.A minute or two into the loading process the low air light comes on.I finish getting loaded and drive over to the area where we can roll are tarps up and start looking for a leak with the truck off but find nothing.I end up idling up till the tanks are at 90psi and start driving down the rural road leading away from the sand plant.The highest PSI I got was 100.When I made it to the site I got in line behind a bunch of trucks and every time a truck moved forward I released the brakes and the low air light would come on.Just finished unloading and pulled off the site to an empty site down the road and checked everything again with the truck off.Also with the wheels chocked and brakes released.And with the key in the on position and found nothing.What could be causing this?
When it comes to air leaks most of the time they are hard to hear. I have a nice spray bottle I put windex in for cleaning the windshield. If I think I I a leak I spray it with it. Sometimes I will empty the windex out and fill with water and a few drops of Dawn. Even the tiniest of leaks will show up spraying it with Dawn. A couple tiny leaks will kill your air pressure. My air compressor went out backing into the shop in Griffin.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , JMBT
(04-29-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  you never mentioned what make/model/year engine and truck you have.

engine ESN# (serial#)?

-------------

btw. you need to choose the "service" option in quickserv and then choose the "service manual" in the list.

2003 International 9900,2004 Cummins ISX 870 530hp
replyreply
https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/porta...n/3666239/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Redland1 , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.