ISL Torque reduced mode
05-03-2021, (Subject: ISL Torque reduced mode ) 
ISL Torque reduced mode
I'm having issues diagnosing my deleted ISL Cummins, it has low power with Insite showing no codes and injectors passing the test. Only thing I see is when I view live data the truck says torque limited mode when over ~40% throttle.
50% throttle and 100% feel the same, truck has issues getting to 60mph empty.
The delete tune has been on the truck for the majority of its life so I don't believe the problem if from that.
I adjusted overhead as the engine is at 10,000 hours and everything was still within spec from new.
replyreply
RE: ISL Torque reduced mode
Best bet is to pull the file off of the ECM and send it to Rawze... Whoever deleted it more than likely has all of the warnings turned off, and she has been blowing codes for a very long time, you just do not know it.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
yeah... start by having the programming checked out... just because you have gotten away with it so far does not mean it is right by and stretch.

Bad deletes plague our industry, and there is statistically a more than 90% chance that your programming is bad + harmful to that engine.

(we can lead the horse to the water... but the horse is the one who has to drink it).

- Pull a copy of the program out using Calterm program and e-mail it to me for a review. That is the place to start. Like Waterloo said... the clowns who deleted it may very well have blocked several fault codes from showing up and the thing could be screaming at you what is wrong and you would never see it.

Decent de-mandate programming does not need to have a bunch of fault codes blocked ... but that is how most those garbage-can deletes are made for those trucks... unplug everything, block the codes and derates from showing up.. wonky turbo operations due to improper enigne mode controls, then wonder why the ecm is screaming for mercy and ghost problems appear after a while.

Costs nothing outside of having your own laptop and datalink adapter to have it reviewed, etc... The programming is the place to start... Its your own foolish suffering otherwise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Is there a location you recommend to get? All the websites I can download from seem sketchy.
replyreply
The rabbit hole is a sketchy place, that's the reality of playing with such things as this.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Look on the big auto tuning forums if you're really worried about the other rabbit holes you looked down. If you jump through their hoops and pay a couple bucks they have access to quite a few programs that are handy.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ian2021
05-05-2021, (Subject: ISL Torque reduced mode ) 
(05-03-2021 )corny98 Wrote:  I'm having issues diagnosing my deleted ISL Cummins, it has low power with Insite showing no codes and injectors passing the test. Only thing I see is when I view live data the truck says torque limited mode when over ~40% throttle.
50% throttle and 100% feel the same, truck has issues getting to 60mph empty.
The delete tune has been on the truck for the majority of its life so I don't believe the problem if from that.
I adjusted overhead as the engine is at 10,000 hours and everything was still within spec from new.

I was sent this persons engine file today. Here is the review...

.pdf  20210505-Review Worksheet esn73744830.pdf (Size: 46.3 KB / Downloads: 141)

Its a bad delete. Not sure if it is the programming alone but it is showing silent derate active due to incomplete regen cycles.. and it is able to jump out of non-egr operating modes under certain conditions. this is not good at all. All engine operating mode control logic to prevent the engine from trying to do things like warm up the exhaust system that is now hollowed out, its ability to enter regen modes, to entering SCR and DPf management operations is still active. All the prevention of this, as a requirement of a decent delete file is missing from the program. - It could easily explain some of your symptoms, and it certainly should be your next move to have the programming corrected, so that this can be eliminated from the list of possibilities of your issues.

-- To me, it looked like someone who was poking and prodding blindly at making this delete. They did ok in some places of the programming, but then completely ignored the major stuff that would get the engine in trouble. It seems fairly obvious that whoever made this program did not know half of what they were looking at in there, and ssusmed that the ecm would magically know what to do with itself.. but it in fact is completely unable to 'Auto-correct' for all of those things like missing exhaust components and missing egr gas.

Welcome to the bad delete club: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid64745

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: corny98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.