cummins isx15 injector
05-03-2021, (Subject: cummins isx15 injector ) 
cummins isx15 injector
if i need to replace injectors on a cummins isx15 do i have to do it in some kind of order or timing? i know i need to write down #s and program through insite.. this truck had a bad fuel pump,(replaced) cam shaft had damaged (replaced) turbo and actuator (replaced) injector harness (replaced) throttle actuator (replaced) egr tune up performed..exhaust manifold (replaced) i also took the complete dpf system out of a good running sister truck that was crashed in front.. truck has the following codes # 3545, #1144 active and inactive are codes #3253, #3311 i tried to run re-gen and it fails.. performed the injector test and #5 fails..any ideas? sorry for question i am at my last nerve with this truck..[/b]
replyreply
RE: cummins isx15 injector
Did you flush the engine out EXTREMELY WELL after the fuel pump failure?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ibanes
(05-03-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Did you flush the engine out EXTREMELY WELL after the fuel pump failure?

i open the removed the fuel rail tubes to injectors and blew out the rail and tubes.. replaced fuel filters. it just dawn on me i didnt clean the cooler where ecm bolts on to
replyreply
(05-03-2021 )Ibanes Wrote:  
(05-03-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Did you flush the engine out EXTREMELY WELL after the fuel pump failure?

i open the removed the fuel rail tubes to injectors and blew out the rail and tubes.. replaced fuel filters. it just dawn on me i didnt clean the cooler where ecm bolts on to

i will clean and inspect all tubes/lines pertaining to the fuel system.. thank you sir..
replyreply
being that the fuel pump was damaged and the cam had a pretty bad damaged lobe would that cause the injector to get damaged as well.. i also forgot to mention that when i performed the injector test white smoke was coming out from time to time..
replyreply
* when the fuel pump fails.... it sends shrapnel through the entire engine... all lubricated parts of it... YOU HAVE TO FLUSH THE ENGINE OILING SYSTEM and usually replace the oil cooler to go along with this.

That is what the other person was asking you.

NEXT: you said you use the DPF etc. exhaust elements off another truck. --- YOU CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT TAKING SOME EXTRA STEPS... EVEN IF IT IS AN EXACT MATCHING UNIT!!! --- You should have taken them to a stealers$it and had them baked, de-ashed, and flow-tested FIRST... THEN PERFORMED A MAINTENENCE RESET AND NEW DPF ELEMENT PROCEDURES in Insite... The engine ECM has a counter for the amount of soot and ash in those exhaust elements... putting different elements on DOES NOT RESET THIS COUNTER!. -- Whenever
you put a different DPF, DOc, etc.. ion the vehicle... THE ECM HAS TO BE TOLD YOU DID THIS!... and the only way is to have them all baked and flow-tested first before resetting those counters.... OTHERWISE, THE ECM WILL FLAG ALL OF THEM AS BAD when it sees a sudden change in the flow rates.

--- you next move is to REMOVE the DOC and DPF units... take em to a stealser#$it with the equipment to bake them, de-ash them, and flow test them to ensure they are within spec ... pout em back on and perform the necessary resets in Insite. -- Otherwise you will just be chasing ghost errors and your tail non0stop with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
The dpf system was sent out to be baked 2 weeks accident. Came back fine..I did do a reset in cummins insite..sorry for not mentioning this..I did not replace oil pump. I just dropped old oil and filters and added new oil and filters...
replyreply
(05-03-2021 )Ibanes Wrote:  The dpf system was sent out to be baked 2 weeks accident. Came back fine..I did do a reset in cummins insite..sorry for not mentioning this..I did not replace oil pump. I just dropped old oil and filters and added new oil and filters...

i will drop oil and the pan. remove and replace oil pump.. as to flushing it i have never done this. any advise? truck when on a loaded road test and driver stated that truck ran great with the exception of check engine light on witch was for #5 injector solenoid failing
replyreply
just some info for those reading...

as far as the fuel pump failure... that is a VERY SERIOUS ISSUE... and a VERY DIFFICULT thing to over-come.... IF your engine is actually salvageable!.

* drain the oil... drop the pan and stiffening plate ... Pull a rod and a main bearing and pray like all hell your crank and the rest of your engine is not destroyed yet!!!

- THOSE fuel pumps need all their guts replaced every 400k miles (or equivalent hours) to prevent this type of catastrophic failure. here is a related article with a couple pictures ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid15389

MOST people do not get so lucky. Saw one at Mr. hags shop not 2 days ago the fuel pump flaked out... person kept driving it a few more days and everything in the engine was completely destroyed. - IT HAD the newest style of plungers in it too, so that did not save him one bit.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ibanes , amermextrucker , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.