CM871 fuel mileage
05-11-2021, (Subject: CM871 fuel mileage ) 
RE: CM871 fuel mileage
I just got into this industry myself..only right over 2yrs ago, and I found that plenty of 'old school' truckers who have been lifers seem to say the same things about fuel mpg in general.

In fact, the guy who often runs with me has been trucking for the better part of 5 decades, yet rather than read the writing on the wall (i.e. slowing down will net better mpg), he continues to tell me (the newbie) that these trucks will get 4-5mpg regardless just cause 'thats what they get and will always get.'

Oddly enough, whenever we pull up to the pump, his bill is nearly double mine for the same miles traveled....yet he still believes in his old school ways. Maybe this why he no longer owns any trucks <------claims there just isn't much money in it anymore..hmmmm?

Moral of the story being, def do your research and take no one's word for anything without some concrete data. Everyone has an opinion, but many are 'fact-less' based. Just because they failed for whatever reason, they like to point out all the excuses for it rather than address the real issue....usually the person in the mirror. You're in the right place to learn more than you may be willing to absorb.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , superbudy208 , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 fuel mileage - Rawze - 05-10-2021,
RE: CM871 fuel mileage - Rawze - 05-11-2021,
RE: CM871 fuel mileage - SquareOne - 05-11-2021
RE: CM871 fuel mileage - Rawze - 05-13-2021,
RE: CM871 fuel mileage - JimT - 05-27-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.