Transferring DOT #
05-10-2021, (Subject: Transferring DOT # ) 
Transferring DOT #
On some other sites DOT and MC numbers are for sale

When I bought my truck 8 years ago I got a DOT number but no MC (construction business)

I'm in the process of moving and will close my LLC and start new in another state. I did just renew the LLC so it's good for another year

Just wondering if the LLC and DOT # might be worth something to someone

Asking here because I'd gladly pay it forward to someone if it would help
replyreply
RE: Transferring DOT #
It may be, if the DOT account is active and there are no SAFER issues. I'm sure someone will chime in...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RocketScott
RE: Transferring DOT #
When I was first researching the idea of an O/O, I remember reading where people would sell their 'older' MC numbers, but not too sure about the DOT. The theory behind that practice was better access to loads which were otherwise not available to newly created MC numbers.

Friend of mine is currently dealing with this situation as he has just begun over the road with a fresh MC. Although he has been getting loads, he claims he has run into the 'age' issue of his MC number many times already.

Not sure about the DOT since it has many more limits (and much easier to obtain) than the MC number, but if it were to work like the theory above, I could definitely see the value in purchasing an older (with an excellent record) account.

The purchasing an existing LLC would be pointless IMO unless there were contracts or some guarantee of work associated only with that particular LLC in question. Otherwise, it's just a name.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RocketScott , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.