Water in cabin filter area of 9900
05-12-2021, (Subject: Water in cabin filter area of 9900 ) 
Water in cabin filter area of 9900
What could be causing this? I know that the A/C lines under the truck sweat like crazy and also the fan has been kicking on a lot more frequently.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-12-2021, (Subject: Water in cabin filter area of 9900 ) 
RE: Water in cabin filter area of 9900
Check for a drain being clogged. That area is going to condensate because of the ambient air being pulled across the evap coil.

- There will be a drain at the bottom (usually at the lowest point in a corner). Those drains will often get clogged from dirt and debris (much like whats in there now). When you bounce around down the highway the dirt falls down, collects at the bottom, and causes the drain to clog.

- If the A/C lines are sweating, that's fine....you should still see a consistent drip out of a particular area under the truck. Thats where you'll find the drain.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Redland1 , Waterloo
05-16-2021, (Subject: Water in cabin filter area of 9900 ) 
How about this?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-16-2021, (Subject: Water in cabin filter area of 9900 ) 
If the drain is clogged, the condensation will begin to find the next path of least resistance. Usually that’s on the floor. If your HVAC is above that area, I’m betting on the drain being clogged.

Without proper condensation drainage, the evap coil can freeze up as well. Have you been having any issues with cooling or air flow lately?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
05-17-2021, (Subject: Water in cabin filter area of 9900 ) 
I'm assuming that is the front passenger side floorboard and dash area? Do I see a tinge of coolant in that water? If there is, more than likely the heater core, if not, I'm with SqOne, clogged drain.

Just a side note... On my Prostar, the heater core failed, then a few months later the AC condenser failed, call it planned obsolescence. All around that 800,000 - 900,000 mile mark. When I say failed, both developed a crack and leaked at the weld(s). Call it Michigan roads.

If one of the units are bad, from my own personal experience, I would replace both and get it out of the way. They are easy to do yourself, I would not take to a dealer or shop, they will rake you over the coals. The parts can be bought over at http://www.truckersac.com. They use OEM parts in most cases at a big discount over the dealers.

Others may disagree, but with these older trucks, if you are in there working on the system and it is original, kill two birds with one stone. Unless, it is easy to get to both units and you do not mind tearing into the AC system twice.

On mine, it was kind of a job, not too bad, BUT a real PIA to do it twice, as both units are buried in the same area under the dash. If I would have known the future, I would have done both when it was apart the first time, along with new blend door actuators. You will need new foam too if and when you do this job, at least I did. I found new foam at Home Depot if memory serves me right. The foam is used to seal the box, it ages, fails and no longer does its intended job. I used the window foam with the sticky back, it got the job done.

Unfortunately these Internationals are not Rawze's old Toyota Tacoma. ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , JMBT
I found the drain hose and when I pinched the sides so that the ends could open a piece of sludge came out so I ran a skinny stick up it followed by compressed air.Hopefully that fixes it.Also ordered a new cabin air filter and looking into getting one of those exterior pre filters.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne
(05-16-2021 )SquareOne Wrote:  If the drain is clogged, the condensation will begin to find the next path of least resistance. Usually that’s on the floor. If your HVAC is above that area, I’m betting on the drain being clogged.

Without proper condensation drainage, the evap coil can freeze up as well. Have you been having any issues with cooling or air flow lately?

I did one day about two weeks ago so I added a little bit of freon to the system till it was at the max green line almost in yellow and the next day it was all good again.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
06-05-2021, (Subject: Water in cabin filter area of 9900 ) 
I ordered the exterior filter for my 9900i and it makes the world of difference with where I go. I’m usually on a dusty dirt road loading and unloading and don’t have that coming in my cab anymore. Best money spent!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SquareOne , Redland1
06-09-2021, (Subject: Water in cabin filter area of 9900 ) 
(06-05-2021 )Luckyjayb Wrote:  I ordered the exterior filter for my 9900i and it makes the world of difference with where I go. I’m usually on a dusty dirt road loading and unloading and don’t have that coming in my cab anymore. Best money spent!!!

Just got mine installed yesterday.Ordered it from Bud and Tony’s.Where did you get yours from?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.