Percent Load Question
05-14-2021, (Subject: Percent Load Question ) 
Percent Load Question
I have noticed in Insite that there is a parameter "percent load" that is monitored by the engine.
Cummins writes that percent load during regen should be no more than 5% with engine fan on.

I have a CM2350 that sometimes goes to 14% with fan on.

My question is what factor(s) the engine is considering when calculating percent load?
What things should I consider looking at when engine does experience higher than normal load during regen?
replyreply
05-14-2021, (Subject: Percent Load Question ) 
RE: Percent Load Question
most of the time a higher percent load during a parked regen is due to the turbo having to close more than it should... and producing higher than normal back-pressure ion the exhaust. This can be for many reasons including restrictions in the EGR gas flow, an inefficient EGR cooler temp or flow-rate due to partial clogging, boost reductions due to leaks, restrictions in the intake or exhaust like a plugged air filter or plugged DPF or SCR element just to name some of them.

A through EGR tune-up is the place to start, followed by solving any boost or exhaust leaks and replacing old poorly-reading sensors at the engine side of thigns.

Also, what does the regen history look like?. This is telling on how healthy the system is overall.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.