Warm ISX
05-14-2021, (Subject: Warm ISX ) 
Smile Warm ISX
I’m new to the forum but I’ve been here a few times reading and I’ve watched some Utube videos with Rawze and learned about the ISX. I have a question about one of my trucks.

I have a 2006 Volvo with an ISX 450 and it will get warm while idling. Sometimes right up to the red line or until the fan comes on. As soon I take off with it and get some air moving through the radiator it cools down. It runs 180-190 cruising and it really doesn’t go much over that whenever I’m on the road even pulling hard with a load, but at idle it warms up. Radiator is new and clean. Put a thermostat in a while back because it was running warm (200 plus) all the time and that resolved that issue, but now I have this issue. Is this normal? Thanks
replyreply
RE: Warm ISX
Is it an oem radiator or aftermarket? If it's aftermarket the coolant may not be flowing well enough at idle to dissipate heat properly.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Thanks. OEM radiator.
replyreply
What model Volvo? It's fairly common for tight engine bay trucks to run warm at idle. Cycling the fan is fairly common. Even on cool days.

Is it able to quickly cool the engine temp down once the fan engages? Does it ever get warm enough to kick a check engine light?
replyreply
05-16-2021, (Subject: Warm ISX ) 
I believe it’s a VNL model, it’s like the common Volvo fleet truck you see every day. It’s even white! Engine light does not come on, but it cools right down with the fan on or when you start driving. Maybe it’s normal I suppose, it doesn’t go over the red line on temp but it will get close to it. Sometimes it will warm up 25-30 degrees on the gauge within 5 minutes of stopping the truck.
replyreply
My prostar would heat up to 210 at idle no problem. Fan would come on and cool it right back off. I just ran the AC at idle and let the pressure switch cycle the fan on and off. Either that or turn the fan on and leave it in at idle.
replyreply
(05-16-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  My prostar would heat up to 210 at idle no problem. Fan would come on and cool it right back off. I just ran the AC at idle and let the pressure switch cycle the fan on and off. Either that or turn the fan on and leave it in at idle.
I put a switch on the fan on my 08 Prostar. When I stop even to run into the store or something I turn it on. When I'm driving I use it and never let it get over 190 but she does run cool anyway.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.