VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
05-15-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
* When you have the new one plugged in... are you getting an active fault for an VGT invalid update rate? or similar fault like it is unplugged?. If so, then it is not communicating and likely a dead stick.

- If your not getting any codes for the VG actuator being unplugged (it is communicating properly), yet it does not move at all when powering it up, then it could be that the VG actuator has lost its software/memory. It can be recovered from this condition by forcing the "On-Turbo" Calibration command to it.

To get it out of this state...

The actuator has to be mounted to the top of the turbo with the tiny dot on the end of the actuator gear facing just shy of the '270-degree' position + the turbo arm/gear itself sitting in its install position when placing it. The actuator needs to be mounted to the top of the turbo so that it can see the hard-stops of the turbo. After it is in position and bolted down ...

- Keyswitch on, Some people have claimed that Letting it fail the first calibration in Insite.... then cycling the keyswitch in the dash off for several seconds. then back on ... To rid the engine of the fault, then attempting the second calibration (actuator still installed onto turbo) it will allow the second calibration to go thru, and overcome it.

- If memory serves me right, the older Insite 7.5 (or maybe 7.3) would issue this command if someone chose the second calibration forcefully, ... but Insite 7.6 will definitely not allow you to do this. - It has been so long, I don't remember, but I do know there was older version of insite pre-7.6.x that would do this forceful 2'nd command without requiring the off-turbo calibration first.

=======

The alternative is to take it back and get another one that is not DOA.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Zapah , PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS - Rawze - 05-15-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.