VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
05-17-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
looks like maybe you have a communications issue on the J1939?.

maybe check resistance like is discussed in this post? ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid65035

- How far are you from Mr. hags shop?. Maybe make an appointment, put the actuator back on it and bobtail it over there?. If it is de-mandated, it should not shut down for turbo issues. however you will not have very much power with the turbo not operating, but it will drive.

When my turbo went out back in the day, and I drove my truck from Los-angelas all the way to Atlanta like that. Cost me about $400 or so in fuel, I cursed up every tiny hill from havng no power, but I got it there. I did this because the turbo was half the price in Atlanta and I saved about $1800 dollars after the fuel I spent at the time.

I have also heard of people jamming a piece of wood tightly under both sides of the sector gear to hold it in place about 40% to the left of the far right position, slapping the actuator on and leaving it unplugged from the harness, so that it does not move.. and getting some boost to get it driven somewhere to be fixed too.

At least over at Mr. Hags shop, you will have access not only to him helping you figure it out, but also those actuators can be serviced, looked at, and the turbo too without it breaking the bank, as Yiyto and his turbo shop is right down the street if there is any turbo issues,,... and Sandra here can pull those actuator(s) apart (like I show in my actuator series), test them properly, maybe recover the new one to get it working, replace the board in it of she has one, rebuild the old one if need be, etc. etc. on the cheap.

Just something to consider. I know if I were stranded somewhere, that is what I would do.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , PuroCumminsPower , JimT , Techmech

Messages In This Thread
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS - Rawze - 05-17-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.