VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
05-21-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
Wow, I just saw this thread right as I am starting to have problems with my actuator. Perfect timing!

2012 Volvo 825K CM2250, 500hp, 1850tq, deman. My turbo has 377K on it and my actuator has 438K. Both were brand new not remans when I replaced them.

The other day under a load the VGT stuck when I was trying to jake pulling into rest area. I had no jake, no throttle response, then as i was coasting to a halt, the truck puffed out a plum of black smoke, (which it never does) and all was back to normal. I plugged in Insite and had 8 inactive counts of code 2387 in the last 77 engine hours. I reseated the 4 pin connector at the actuator and cleared the code since it was inactive, then went on to deliver my load. After that I ran another short run then DH home about 2000 miles total. The truck ran flawlessly. When I got home I plugged Insite back in and this time there were no codes....

I think something is warning me of an impending failure.

Anyhow, I watched Rawze's awesome series on servicing the actuator. (Rawze you never fail to amaze me with your knowledge of this stuff) I don't know electronics very well but I can follow directions pretty darn good. I might tackle it, don't know yet... if not...

Is Sandra still rebuilding them?? if so what does she charge?? Thanks, JMBT

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS - JMBT - 05-21-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.