Old emissions vs new
05-19-2021, (Subject: Old emissions vs new ) 
Old emissions vs new
Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking around this forum for a while and figured I’d introduce myself and ask some questions.

I’ve got a 2016 prostar with an isx and it has been free from emissions related issues since I bought it. I follow the guidance of keeping idling to a minimum and change the oil every 25-30k miles. I’m thinking about adding another truck.

I’ve seen a lot of fluctuations in the prices of trucks lately, especially pre emissions trucks and the newer emissions trucks 2017+ One thing that hasn’t changed though is the bargain bin trucks from 2008-2014 the prices on them hasn’t gone up because everyone knows they were problematic. I am curious if it’s possible that I can put a newer emission system on these trucks so i can have the reliability of the newer emissions trucks?

Thank you
replyreply
RE: Old emissions vs new
the emissions systems requirements follow the engine model... not the truck model.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I want to know if you can retrofit the 2250 with the 2350 emissions systems. I hear they are more reliable and my experience with them (2350) has been quite positive. I was getting into the weeds with this post though, I am very afraid of the emissions systems because I feel like it’s a grenade waiting to explode and cost me a ton of money hunting down a problem i don’t know how to diagnose or repair. And I’ve been stuck at the dealership for weeks just like your post says about them, I want to know how to keep myself out of that kind of trouble
replyreply
Well i can assure you its not by stickin a 2350 dpf on a 2250 engine. A good bit of "emissions problems" arent actually emissions issues its an engine issue and these so called techs at the stealer dont know shi#t except read code, change part and repeat. If you want the truck to run properly then you need to leave that stealershit like ur ass is on fire and go visit mr Hagg down in Georgia hes more n likely ur best chance at gettin things sorted out and ur truck back to makin money.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
Theres a lot of info on this forum and a lot of knowledgeable guys n gals that know 10,000times more about these trucks than the avg $140/hr guess and try parts changer. You just gotta take the time to read it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower
(05-19-2021 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Theres a lot of info on this forum and a lot of knowledgeable guys n gals that know 10,000times more about these trucks than the avg $140/hr guess and try parts changer. You just gotta take the time to read it.

Thanks man, i figured that out my last time at the stealer. That’s why I’m here, reading through the egr upkeep portion and I just want to know how to fix this old beast myself now and I’m really impressed with what you guys know about them. Gonna keep reading
replyreply
05-20-2021, (Subject: Old emissions vs new ) 
I would leave the system as is and just keep after it properly. Install some kind of oil bypass system on it to keep the soot out of the oil, and regular EGR tune-up work. - Once the system get so old that it cannot keep up with the engine wear as everything gets old ... that is when you do something about it (most people end up making all those cans hollow and some properly made de-mandate programming that can be verified 100% safe by myself or one of the other ppl on here)... so that it does not cost a fortune to keep the truck running.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: John Doe , PuroCumminsPower
If me, trailer or drag the truck, or get it running good enough to bob tail it down to Griffin GA, just a few miles south of Atlanta, and go pay Mr Hagg a visit. Rawze is right up the road and is occasionally at the shop. If you want to fix this truck and learn, that is what I would do. I hope you have addressed the fuel pump, that will need attending ASAP if it has not been inspected and rebuilt. I would also want turbo boost and pyrometer gauges installed, you really need those gauges on that truck for safety and making money.

As far as the emissions, those can be sorted out or just fix the problem and extend the life of the motor a few more hundred thousand miles.

If you want to get back to profitability, get away from that dealer you are dealing with and get the truck to some real mechanics that will more than likely have you diagnosed in a matter of minutes... Yes, MINUTES and then Mr Hag will be able to give you some viable options on what to do with this mess you have on your hands. Your call.

And none of us get kick backs or any of that nonsense for telling folks to go visit Mr Hag. The incredible fact is, his shop is about the only shop in this country that actually knows an ISX inside and out, along with the programming. The man can pretty much look at an ISX and tell you what is wrong, I've been to his shop and seen him do it. And if he is stumped, Rawze is right around the corner.

And I saw that once too, Mr Hag was stumped, me and Rawze came down and pulled a file from a gorgeous KW 900 heavy haul, it would go into a derate for no reason. It did take Rawze a couple of days to figure it out, and discovered it was a fault in Cummins programming. He changed a line of code and or parameter and the truck was up and running without issue. Then that change was put into the latest updates that Rawze produces for everyone else. You think a dealership or even a licensed Cummins shop could or even would do that? No, that truck owner would still be having issues, and would have traded in the truck by now, losing tens of thousands of dollars if not more, this was a severe duty specialty truck, not something you go buy off the lot. Hell, the paint job on it cost more than what I have earned at LS in the past year. LOL!

Get the truck to Mr Hag and start making money again!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , hookliftpete , PuroCumminsPower , TRUCK365
Has anybody here gone a step further and just put an aussie cm2250 into their truck yet?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.