Old emissions vs new
05-22-2021, (Subject: Old emissions vs new ) 
RE: Old emissions vs new
(05-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  I would leave the system as is and just keep after it properly. Install some kind of oil bypass system on it to keep the soot out of the oil, and regular EGR tune-up work. - Once the system get so old that it cannot keep up with the engine wear as everything gets old ... that is when you do something about it (most people end up making all those cans hollow and some properly made de-mandate programming that can be verified 100% safe by myself or one of the other ppl on here)... so that it does not cost a fortune to keep the truck running.

I have been very careful not to exceed the manufacture recommended 40k mile oil changes and have been changing the oil at 20k since I found out how tremendously harmful going 35k between oil changes was and now finding out even that may be too far between oil changes. My next plans for maintenance are to change the imap sensor, I brought the truck to a local shop that is very good with my truck but they don’t know too much more than me about emissions equipment so I’m learning how to work on the truck myself by watching your videos. I don’t think the engine has had the fuel pump replaced that are said to implode around 500k miles so I’m adding that to my to do list in the next month when I bring it down for maintenance. I want to replace the doser valve as well as the imaf. I bought the truck from arrow trucks and it was a us express truck and my friend who drives for them says they went 60k miles between oil changes ! Anything else you would recommend I do while I’m at it?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Old emissions vs new - John Doe - 05-22-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.