Old emissions vs new
05-22-2021, (Subject: Old emissions vs new ) 
RE: Old emissions vs new
(05-22-2021 )John Doe Wrote:  
(05-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  I would leave the system as is and just keep after it properly. Install some kind of oil bypass system on it to keep the soot out of the oil, and regular EGR tune-up work. - Once the system get so old that it cannot keep up with the engine wear as everything gets old ... that is when you do something about it (most people end up making all those cans hollow and some properly made de-mandate programming that can be verified 100% safe by myself or one of the other ppl on here)... so that it does not cost a fortune to keep the truck running.

I have been very careful not to exceed the manufacture recommended 40k mile oil changes and have been changing the oil at 20k since I found out how tremendously harmful going 35k between oil changes was and now finding out even that may be too far between oil changes.

If I were to put a new jug of oil behind the seat in my cab, left it in the bottle, untouched, and un-opened, and drove my truck 60,000 miles ... would the oil inside the jug bad just because I moved the bottle 60,000 miles away from where I purchased it? ... oil breakdown is based on wear and use .. not a set distance that it has traveled.

STOP BASING OIL CHANGES ON A FIXED NUMBER/DISTANCE ... THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!.. THE ENGINE OIL BREAKS DOWN BASED UPON USE ... NOT A SET MILEAGE!

here is the guidelines for the ISX...

- The amount of fuel that you use is a direct measure of how hard you are working your engine overall.

* Based your oil changes on fuel mileage (or equivalent engine hours). -- (At the bottom of post in this link - http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617 ). The general rule of thumb for oil changes on the ISX is ...

Rawze Wrote:If your average fuel mileage every 10,000 miles is ...

less than 5 MG -- Change your oil every 8,000 miles or so.

5 - 6 MPG -- Change your oil every 10,000 - 12,000 miles or so.

6 - 7 MPG -- Change your oil every 12,000 - 15,000 miles or so.

7 - 8 MPG -- Change your oil every 15,000 - 18,000 miles or so.

8 - 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 18,000 - 22,000 miles or so.

above 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 22,000 - 28,000 miles or so.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Old emissions vs new - Rawze - 05-22-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.