No Codes! No Lights!
06-05-2021, (Subject: No Codes! No Lights! ) 
RE: No Codes! No Lights!
Ok....I apologize if I have offended anyone. I also have a clear understanding of how post ‘07 trucks and their electronics work. I just do not want to work on them myself anymore. I would rather pay a knowledgeable tech to figure this out but the trouble is finding one, as we all know! I also did not want to invest in software when I have a few shops in the area that will hook it up for free (to me). With that said...I’ve had it hooked up four times in the last few weeks and all but one showed everything well in the green. The one that didn’t showed that it was trying to do a regen which is the problem in that it sticks in this mode at least half the time. The last hook up was linked to Cummins and was decided to install a new turbo actuator which it now runs better but didn’t fix the problem. I looked at all my invoices for the engine install and the only new sensor was the knock sensor so, which one does anyone suggest I get replaced first or better yet, all of ‘em. Also, another symptom is that when the outside air temp is 60° or below it runs fine, no regens. 80s or above it’s almost constantly trying to regen. And, I cannot stop the regen with the disable switch. However, it can be stopped by pressing the set button for the cruise then tapping the brake. It then cools down and can be idled up with the cruise without regen but if you rev it with the pedal it goes right back in.

Yea I know I should get Insite and whatever else I should have but I have a strong feeling that when I find this one issue it’ll work fine for a year or maybe two which is what I plan to keep it.

The original engine SN is 79740890. The new one is 79841599. Still have the old engine and ECM. All for sale by the way. The last “tech” plugged into the old ECM to transfer any parameters to the new one pertaining to the chassis. Also this same issue was going on with the old engine for a month before it sank a liner.

Waterloo.....can you please send me a link for that Inline Reader from ebay?

Thank You Everyone!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Codes! No Lights! - onebadapple - 06-05-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.