No Codes! No Lights!
06-24-2021, (Subject: No Codes! No Lights! ) 
RE: No Codes! No Lights!
Well….I still have the problem with it trying to halfway regen most of the time. Here’s what’s been done in the past couple weeks. Had it hooked to the Cummins tier 2 and then to tier 3, (yea I know I shouldn’t be doing this but a couple hours twice isn’t gonna break me) did a couple tweeks to the ECM to no avail then they were negated at the tier 3 when they did an update. Replaced the entire wiring harness from points on and around the engine to the DPF and DOC except for one small one to the DPF pressure sensor which I have coming today. Found some bad wires but I guess not bad enough. Installed and calibrated (I assume) a new turbo actuator. New DPF pressure sensor. New NOX sensor at the outlet. I have done most of this myself in my driveway or a truckstop parking lot except for anything needing to be hooked to a laptop. Tomorrow I will be getting a new DPF installed as per Rawze’s suggestion and it keeps coming up whoever I talk to, then to the local dealer for a reset. Yesterday at the tier 3…..Forgot to get the regen data but I am trying now as we speak so I can post it here. Anyway for now the results were that it failed the turbo speed test. “6-23 Hook up insite and verify ESN and calibration. All are correct per ESN. Found regens every nine hours.” this is what I believe is an actual regen when the hot exhaust light comes on when stopped with all the other ones in between “Do excessive regen tree, check EGR diff ports, OK, check DPF tubes and diff sensor, OK, removed side step and exhaust pipe and do snap test, smoke OK, inspect turbo, OK, back together and do regen analyzer, failed turbo speed test and exhaust gas PSI during analyzer. CK exhaust PSI tube and was OK. Need to start with replacing turbo and DPF.
Customer declined.” I can hardly believe the turbo is bad with 172k miles on this engine and on days when it’s not doing it’s halfway regen I get 9 to 10.4 mpg with an empty flatbed and 6.5 to 7.5 loaded heavy. Checked a Rawze post or two on this and it’s probably something else. Gonna do all that before I loosen a bolt on the turbo.
Any Input Please!
Thank You!

OK got the data on my email. Tried the copy and paste, then save to files and add the attachment. Doesn’t want to accept it here. How do I upload this?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Codes! No Lights! - onebadapple - 06-24-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.