No Codes! No Lights!
07-04-2021, (Subject: No Codes! No Lights! ) 
RE: No Codes! No Lights!
anything higher than 7.6.2 and you need a recurring subscription along with an internet connection to authenticate each time you run it (i think). 7.6.2 needed a license too, but the internet found ways around that...

--- No software trading on this forum! ---

Based on those prices I highly doubt any of the 8.* versions include a subscription. Further, Option #1 usually runs about $300 on ebay, often from chinese sellers.

I can't speak to the quality of the laptop listed there. Really, any used laptop that can run Windows 7 is more than enough to run Insite 7.6.2. Mine is an old HP bought at walmart in 2007. Does the job just fine.

So, if you can find an old laptop then option #1 would be the way to go, though I can't say if that seller is reputable or not. If you don't trust that seller then try PM'ing Waterloo, he has an ebay seller he usually recommends to people.

EDIT:
Further inspection shows that site ships all orders from Hong Kong. $49 to ship to US. They claim everything includes activation? I guess for $188 + $49 s&h then option 1 is pretty close to the typical going rate. They also state that the laptops are "second hand" with option 4 being slightly better specs than option 3. So, you basically paying an extra $300-$380 for a used laptop which I don't see being worth the cost.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: onebadapple

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Codes! No Lights! - JimT - 07-04-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.