Best cam for 871
05-21-2021, (Subject: Best cam for 871 ) 
Best cam for 871
Need to replace the cams on my 550 871 it’s fully deleted with a non vgt turbo looking for recommendations it had a 29 cam in it
replyreply
RE: Best cam for 871
You are in the wrong place for that... Put the stock cam back in, and when your motor blows apart... Go see Mr Hag.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , amermextrucker
Why his your motor eating cam shafts? I have over 1 million miles on mine with a Rawze tune and VG turbo still intact for roughly 300,000 miles and holding strong... I have one of Rawze's old tunes that sill break the tires lose if I want to install it... And I mean literally break the tires lose for the 871, I ran it for a week and took it off, the tune was literally breaking the tires lose. But, you need a healthy motor, a solid drive line and VGT turbo to run this tune. It is well over 600 hp.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(05-21-2021 )Fiveg1 Wrote:  Need to replace the cams on my 550 871 it’s fully deleted with a non vgt turbo looking for recommendations it had a 29 cam in it

Put the VG turbo back on it.. get rid of that bad delete programming ... and replace the cam with the factory cam. ... STOP playing super-trucker with a $40,000 commercial engine.

De-mandating it is one thing, no one on here is telling you to put the DPF back on it ... but That garbage you did to your truck with the non-vg turbo, aftermarket manifold, etc. and (what has to be a garbage program that would support it) don't fly around here.

The injector and valve cams need to match the injectors and pistons, as per engine CPL. Otherwise there will be a mis-match and efficiency losses .. and it has nothing to do with some morons attempts at trying to make more power.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , amermextrucker
If I were you, I would put the correct turbo on and fix the motor, odds are you need an in frame if running that current tune...

I have the tunes, the MM and others, along with the instructions, and it is free. I deleted mine in 2015, in my driveway with my MacBook and an Inline reader and software I bought off of eBay for $300, + my labor.

We in framed my motor at 900,000 miles, I nursed a blown head gasket for quite awhile, and nothing to do with the tune, it was blown when I bought the truck. Slipped liner... We fixed all of that in Rawze's driveway, after I spent $40,000 for an in frame at a Cummins shop... That in frame lasted 70,000 miles due to incompetency ... ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2972

We are here to help, take our advice or not, many, if not most of us have been there. The reason we are here. Just saying.

replyreply
Rawze is catching bees with a baseball bat, again... LOL!

replyreply
Lol ok truck already has Hagg sauce installed so that that about bad tune I just bought it rack was tight any more advise? Truck had a 29 cam that for a sohc motor I just bought the original cams as per esn this motor has about 50k on Inframe and yes the tune in it was trash
replyreply
(05-21-2021 )Fiveg1 Wrote:  Lol ok truck already has Hagg sauce installed so that that about bad tune I just bought it rack was tight any more advise? Truck had a 29 cam that for a sohc motor I just bought the original cams as per esn this motor has about 50k on Inframe and yes the tune in it was trash

even if Mr.hag puts a program in it .. and its supporting that non-vg turbo.. it is a stop-gap measure at best.. and it will never be right, till you get that thing straightened out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Fix the motor.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.