Cm570 vs 870
05-22-2021, (Subject: Cm570 vs 870 ) 
Cm570 vs 870
This has probably been discussed before but I tried finding it in the search bar and was unsuccessful. Please attach the thread and I’ll go about my day if you can help me out.

I want to know which of these earlier motors was the best at fuel efficiency and if there is a tune or upgrade I can make to get something close to the fuel efficiency of the newest isx engines.

I am an aspiring hyper miler and I can squeeze 8 mpg out of my 2350 if i try my best. However i recently discovered the cost of down time on my business and it was a very bad time for me. It was emissions related just a really bad experience at rush truck centers in Tulsa OK. And it got me thinking that if I had the consistent emissions problems my friends are getting i would surely be out of business. I literally lose sleep over this. And I do everything I can to keep the emissions running right.
That’s why I’m looking into these older motors, i don’t want to have to worry about the weeks of down time trying to fix the problems and I’m willing to sacrifice some fuel efficiency because there’s no way that the lower mpg will offset the cost of profit lost to emissions shop time.
replyreply
05-22-2021, (Subject: Cm570 vs 870 ) 
RE: Cm570 vs 870
those older engines are nowhere nearly as fuel efficient as that 2350 can be.

Buy some wrenches... KEEP THAT THING AWAY FROM THE RIP-OFF STEALERS$ITS.. and learn how to keep after it a bit .. and stop loosing sleep.

There are at least 100+ people on this forum alone who own CM2350's. They do just fine, and don't have the nightmares you are describing.. because they stopped running off the the very places like you mentioned.. and purchased some tools and a cheap laptop instead.

Owning a red engine = Owning some tools and a cheap laptop + adapter. That is what it is all about. Stop running off to every over-priced shop you can find and start learning.

An older engine is NOT the answer. Learn how to not get ripped off on half-arssed repairs. Do preventative maintenance. Keep after everything BEFORE the check engine light plagues it. Learn how to keep your engine running healthy by doing basic tune-up work and most of the rest will fall into place.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-23-2021, (Subject: Cm570 vs 870 ) 
(05-22-2021 )John Doe Wrote:  This has probably been discussed before but I tried finding it in the search bar and was unsuccessful. Please attach the thread and I’ll go about my day if you can help me out.

I want to know which of these earlier motors was the best at fuel efficiency and if there is a tune or upgrade I can make to get something close to the fuel efficiency of the newest isx engines.

I am an aspiring hyper miler and I can squeeze 8 mpg out of my 2350 if i try my best. However i recently discovered the cost of down time on my business and it was a very bad time for me. It was emissions related just a really bad experience at rush truck centers in Tulsa OK. And it got me thinking that if I had the consistent emissions problems my friends are getting i would surely be out of business. I literally lose sleep over this. And I do everything I can to keep the emissions running right.
That’s why I’m looking into these older motors, i don’t want to have to worry about the weeks of down time trying to fix the problems and I’m willing to sacrifice some fuel efficiency because there’s no way that the lower mpg will offset the cost of profit lost to emissions shop time.

Do what Rawze said, buy tools, the laptop, an Inline reader and learn how to maintain the truck. I would also nip this in the bud right now and get the truck over to Mr Hagg in Griffin GA. Let him go through it, fix the fuel pump, run the overhead, inspect the cam, install the gauges and fix that EPA headache for good. It will be worth the trip, even if you bobtail down there, just do it. That way there is no guessing as to the health and or condition of that motor and you can end the worry and sleepless nights. But, you still need to learn how to diagnose and repair this truck, do not think that it will not take some serious elbow grease to keep the truck on the road, unless you like being raped at the dealers. What you will find though, is once you rid yourself of the real problem, the maintenance on the truck and motor will be less arduous in the long run by eliminating these systems.

Haggai Automotive and Diesel Repair
1228 High Falls Rd,
Griffin, GA 30223

Opens 8AM Mon

Phone: (678) 688-8107

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
05-24-2021, (Subject: Cm570 vs 870 ) 
Ok, thanks. I’m gonna go ahead and stop thinking about the older stuff. I like my newer truck amenities anyways. I have a decent tool kit and a lap top but I have no idea how to work the programs, what’s the best page to learn from on here?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.