Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
07-02-2021, (Subject: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives? ) 
RE: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
Quick report on the Bridgestones....

I now have about 5k on the Bridgestone M713's. So far, so good. They feel great in the rain (I'm assuming the siping has plenty to do with that), Fixed majority of my shaking problem, and seem to carry weight very well with little side to side roll. They do tend to 'hunt' the parts of I-10, with heavy wear, when I'm empty. Solid impacts such as bridge transitions or worn holes in the highway are much better, although thats mostly a result of replacing very wore tires.

Unfortunately I did suffer some on fuel mileage. The latest tanks were .3-.5 lower than normal (which Rawze warned me of). I am running the tires at 100psi rather than the full 110, so I'm sure it may change RR slightly when I'm loaded. Either way, the confident feel of these tires makes it an acceptable trade-off.

**Keep in mind, these are replacing a set of Sumo 788's that were very worn (evenly, but down to about 3-4/32nds). Sumos started with only 16/32nds whereas the M713's have started with 24/32nds, which I'm sure will assist with ride quality and time of use down the road. Sumos also always had a light shake which only progressed as the tire wore down.**

Lastly, I'm running a 185 WB daycab Cascadia with a traditional leaf spring skateboard --- you feel everything with it. Comfort is certainly not a word used to describe this setup. Basic necessity would be a more accurate description lol. All said, I'm happy with the M713's so far. Obviously only time will tell, so I'll keep you all informed on the wear progress and ride quality.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT , schISM , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives? - SquareOne - 07-02-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.