Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
12-23-2021, (Subject: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives? ) 
RE: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
(12-23-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  ....That is caused by how hard you push the pedal up a hill and have it under high engine loads. The harder you push it up hills, etc.. the more prominent that type of wear is. It will also be the most prominent on the passenger forward rear axle, more than anywhere else, due to flex. That is the point where there there is the most twist in the frame, and that set of tires will slip the most in a hard pull.

I was expecting you to say this exact response lol and I almost added the next info to the previous post, just knew it was getting long winded...... While I agree that action causes the exact wear you're describing I'm not sure how it would apply here. The pedal on this truck is babied....and I mean 'babied.' If it sees anything over 10lbs on any pull it's a very rare occasion. My running is flat ground with the occasional overpass. Speed stays low (62-64) and acceleration is very long and drawn out. I'm very mindful of how it's driven, as I want very red cent I can keep.

The wear on these are all nearly identical. If I pulled them off, IMO you wouldn't know which went where due to how similar they are.

What I have considered if the fact I run 110psi, but have plenty deadhead on what I haul. When loaded, I'm always at or near gross (especially the wet year we've had...), but I do have fair amount of empty time as well. Maybe the light weight and high psi may have something to do with it.

Thoughts?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives? - SquareOne - 12-23-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.