Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
12-23-2021, (Subject: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives? ) 
RE: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
According to manufacturers, the 2 biggest causes are high torque application (jack rabbit starts and mashing pedal up grades) and overinflation.

I ran my cheap Roadmasters for about 110k miles at 100 psi, and rotated 2 or 3 times to keep heel-toe wear at bay. Averaged about 25% deadhead miles.

Running a horribly high rolling resistance Firestone 690+ I decided to try at 80 psi and had virtually zero detectable heel-toe wear for the first 50k when they're most susceptible, but my mileage took a hit, light or empty wasn't as bad, but loaded heavy really pulled the averages down. I increased pressure first to 85, then to 95 psi and while mileage improved ever so slightly, I've noticed some heel-toe wear develop in just the last 20k. Deadhead is about 14% and mpg average is down .4 for the year.

Personally, high dollar fuel saving drives just doesn't seem to be worth it. Mine will probably either dry rot or take some type of damage before I wear them out, and even with high fuel prices, it would take a long time to make up for a .4 mpg improvement, especially considering that the driver (me) could probably make more improvement by a little less use of the right foot.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives? - Nostalgic - 12-23-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.