Wrong delivery information
05-27-2021, (Subject: Wrong delivery information ) 
Wrong delivery information
Attempted a live unload delivery this am and I was given the wrong delivery date time ect.

Broker expects me to sit for 24hrs for measly $100. I left and pulled load back to my yard.

What legal rights do I have to demand additional monies for redelivery? Told broker load will sit in my yard till I recieve revised ratecon with added fee for additional trip.
replyreply
RE: Wrong delivery information
What does the rate con say? That signed ratecon is a contract!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Exactly....ratecon said exactly the time we delivered...
So the broker throws us a measly $150.00....wow...

I told the broker that I was going to hold the load till they paid me minimum my drivers wage and fuel cost. Broker said they would call police...
I attempt to verify the correct time with the reciever but recently they are " too busy" to talk on the phone with carriers.
replyreply
Does rate con specify layover pay? If not invoice the broker for your time and miles at same rate as the line haul. Can't argue with what's not in his contract. You attempted delivery per contract. Reciever refused. Brokers options are to negotiate a fair price for redelivery or return the load to shipper and broker can pay for the return also.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-28-2021, (Subject: Wrong delivery information ) 
It depends on what the broker/carrier contract and rate con stipulates. Unfortunately many brokers think 100-150 is a fair amnt for layover even though its costing you over a grand a day. I think those brokers deserve bankruptcy after their customers drop them for not getting loads covered. Make sure u discuss detention, tonu and layover rates before hand.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-09-2021, (Subject: Wrong delivery information ) 
There is not much you can really do, you need to read the rate confirmation and the packet you completed. I would say just deliver the thing, its not worth losing the broker or having them reporting you for holding it "hostage."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.