Cm870 running like it out of fuel???
06-12-2021, (Subject: Cm870 running like it out of fuel??? ) 
RE: Cm870 running like it out of fuel???
(06-12-2021 )Rtrucking Wrote:  It doesn't have a intake screen on it and the pick up tube is new, not getting any air in the system from the tank to the ifsm at all, the ECM is the original one I believe from 06 but I don't have any records from the previous owner and Pete doesn't have any records on the truck at all

You say it ran great for a few days then did it again. This is either that you touched on the problem that was is causing it mechanically... or that it may be electronic, and had sat for several days.. then the heat cycles got to it again.

(if you suspect the ecm) ...
If the ecm is from 2006 then it would not be a bad investment to replace it at this point if it is suspect. Most engine ecm's are only rated for 8 years and at 15+ years old, it has lived more than a full life it at this point.

==================

Also, has anyone done some data monitoring on the engine while its acting up? - Is it going into a derate?. Is the fuel pressure dropping off?. etc.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid58693

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm870 running like it out of fuel??? - Rawze - 06-12-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.