Got a another Volvo but with a D12
05-28-2021, (Subject: Got a another Volvo but with a D12 ) 
Got a another Volvo but with a D12
So last year I got another volvo but with a d12 with 1.2mm on it, the turbo was replaced and engine harness and some other bits that were on the pricier side were replaced by the previous owner. I just had to replace the 10 spd tranny cuz it was slap happy worn out.

I had the truck for 3 months until I was in Louisiana, when another truck driver was rushing to get into the pilot. She had stopped dead center of a civilians lane and the poor guy skidded 75 ft until he hit the side and front of my truck. It ended up making his truck look like a damn crushed can. Long story short. I got my truck back from the shop and now I’m ready to get back to making money

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav
05-28-2021, (Subject: Got a another Volvo but with a D12 ) 
RE: Got a another Volvo but with a D12
I think the hardest part out of everything was painting the frame, I bought a lot of POR 15 and used a wire wheel to clean up and knock of as much rust as possible. I also used the top coat from POR15.

Oil pan gasket needed to be replaced, so that was a dirty dirty dirty job to say the least. Luckily I’ve got to know a lot of master mechanics that have worked at Volvo for years so they have helped me out tremendously on this journey.

The truck came with a so so APU, which needs to get replaced or looked at by someone who knows more about these APUs then I do.

The 3-4 months that I had it and that I was working with it’s been pretty damn solid. Even with its issues with compression on one cyc or two. I’ve had 2 mechanics look at the issue and they are just telling me to keep driving, since the motor sounds perfectly fine for it’s miles. Everything I’ve learned from here with my cummins I’ve been doing on this volvo. It’s been serving me well! I just want to thank everyone for guiding me and helping me along.

I’ve still got my Volvo with the cummins, I’m having a hard time letting it go. After everything I’ve done to it and been threw with it, I just might rebuild the motor down at haggie shop in a year or two and give the truck to my younger brother. I’ll at least know that he will have a better truck then I did starting out.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
05-29-2021, (Subject: Got a another Volvo but with a D12 ) 
Looks great!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
That tripac is a very easy apu to service, now tripac software is a whole different issue lol.
replyreply
So I was thinking it’s probably cheaper to replace the APU with a portable diesel generator and portable AC unit set up.

I think remember some of the members have gone that route at some point or another. Can anyone give me some details on how they have mounted it. I was thinking of getting one of those boxes and mount it where the cat walk sits above the drive line? Looking for some inspiration or ideas on how to go about it.

I had cleaned up the apu cuz it was nothing but sludge on the damn thing.

replyreply
https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1569&page=2

replyreply
05-30-2021, (Subject: Got a another Volvo but with a D12 ) 
(05-29-2021 )snailexpress Wrote:  https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1569&page=2

I like that set up, what kind of generator is that? Is it gas or diesel generator? How loud does it get?.

replyreply
Diesel generator. Engine is Kubota EA 330 single cylinder liquid cooled. Generator head Winco 4kWt driven by tooth belt.
Everything was made from scratch to fit room between fuel tank and DPF is only 22 inches.
Not really loud but definitely not quiet as Honda.
replyreply
(05-30-2021 )snailexpress Wrote:  Diesel generator. Engine is Kubota EA 330 single cylinder liquid cooled. Generator head Winco 4kWt driven by tooth belt.
Everything was made from scratch to fit room between fuel tank and DPF is only 22 inches.
Not really loud but definitely not quiet as Honda.

that is something else for sure, i tried finding some other examples even a build process similar to that and i couldn't find anything.

how much did all of that cost you?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.