CM 2250 clutch replacement
06-01-2021, (Subject: CM 2250 clutch replacement ) 
CM 2250 clutch replacement
Hello everyone. Before "the turbo situation" I was having an issue with my clutch (It is manual Eaton Fuller 10 speed trans) 820k on truck. It is being more than a few months since the clutch is acting weirdly once in a while. When I press it from a dead stop will not let me to engage any gear. So that makes me shut the engine off ( at traffic light for example) , put it into gear press the clutch and start the engine and this may not happen again for a week or two. I keep a close eye on the brake fluid and is always topped off.
When this happened for first time I open that small lid underneath and took a video which is not great and I am talking not in English there so I do not know may I share it here... Read the forum rules, but this all I got.
Anyways, I think it is time to replace the clutch and trying to find the right info for the procedure, as well as the tools and props needed. I know there are some other thing need to be looked at like gasket, flywheel surface, Rawze mentions in another post maybe the engine mounts need to be replaced while the transmission is off and so forth. Considering doing it myself since recently I got a good stretch of a smooth concrete.
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

User's Signature: Volvo 2013 ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
RE: CM 2250 clutch replacement
(06-01-2021 )gemarsim Wrote:  Hello everyone. Before "the turbo situation" I was having an issue with my clutch (It is manual Eaton Fuller 10 speed trans) 820k on truck. It is being more than a few months since the clutch is acting weirdly once in a while. When I press it from a dead stop will not let me to engage any gear. So that makes me shut the engine off ( at traffic light for example) , put it into gear press the clutch and start the engine and this may not happen again for a week or two. I keep a close eye on the brake fluid and is always topped off.
When this happened for first time I open that small lid underneath and took a video which is not great and I am talking not in English there so I do not know may I share it here... Read the forum rules, but this all I got.
Anyways, I think it is time to replace the clutch and trying to find the right info for the procedure, as well as the tools and props needed. I know there are some other thing need to be looked at like gasket, flywheel surface, Rawze mentions in another post maybe the engine mounts need to be replaced while the transmission is off and so forth. Considering doing it myself since recently I got a good stretch of a smooth concrete.
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.
Check fluid level in clutch reservoir and air in cylinders. When clutch is almost gone fluid level gets low and air could be sucked in system. After clutch replacement air will stay in. Need to bleed out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Could just be the clutch brake. You don't have to drop the trans to replace one so it's worth looking at. Is it the original clutch with 820K miles? Is the slave cylinder leaking fluid? Maybe that's where the fluid is going? If that's the case you need a new slave cylinder yesterday because it WILL leave you stranded waiting on a tow truck.

Also, if you do end up needing a clutch you'll also need to reseal the rear structure and replace motor mounts etc. While your at it. Don't skip this stuff or you'll regret it when you have to do all the same labor over again in 3 months.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze , Waterloo
Pull the inspection plate and check the wear indicator
and like Rawze said clutch brakes can be replaced without pulling the trans, Ive cut a few out with a torch back in the day lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.