Hard to get in gear intermittently
06-05-2021, (Subject: Hard to get in gear intermittently ) 
RE: Hard to get in gear intermittently
The last couple auto adjust clutch I had would do this randomly. The guys are correct if the tab is half way or more. The auto adjust just doesn't work well after half way. I was able to drive mine for quite a while everytime it would do what you describe. I would start the truck in gear with the clutch pedal pushed in if it would get too bad and then work the clutch violently to get it to act right. So you'll probably be able to get your 2 week time frame out of it. Just be prepared for it to act up.

Now if the clutch pedal sticks to the floor on one then your time frame is way less. You would be operating it on borrowed time if this occurs. It's still drivable if your good at floating gears and in terrain that allows you to stop the truck using just the foot brake while its in neutral but the next destination once this symptom starts is directly to the shop to have a clutch put in it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hard to get in gear intermittently - Chamberpains - 06-05-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.