Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn
07-18-2021, (Subject: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn ) 
RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn
(07-18-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Thank you.The biggest issue with the feeler gauges I’m looking at is that they don’t have 0.027 only 0.026 or 0.028.Will those work?

if you have a feeler-gauge set then -- YES you do ... just stack a 0.016" and a 0.011" together and you end up with 0.027".

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-18-2021, (Subject: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn ) 
RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn
or .013 + .014 All depends what you have in the set.

Same goes for the exhaust brake. i took 2 different sets apart and zip tied them together to permanently make the sizes I needed. I thought I got them off amazon, but can't find the order info. They're cheap enough that it's easier to take the sets apart then trying to fumble switching back and forth each time.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
I use a cut off 7mm Allen wrench to set my exhaust brake. I didn't see the sense in spending big money on a 7mm feeler gauge and to pack all the proper feeler gauges together was too tedious. An Allen wrench mic'd out really close.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Redland1
07-20-2021, (Subject: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn ) 
I use these feeler gauges...
https://amzn.to/3rmiooX
And one of these for the engine brake
https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-Cummins-ISX...632-2357-0
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
07-20-2021, (Subject: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn ) 
I was able to do the overhead today.Will I notice something if I screwed anything up?

Wasn’t able to do the injector leak test because the last screw was stripped but I did do a cylinder performance test and it showed each cylinder as passing.I’m going to have to get an extractor and remove the bolt tomorrow so I can do the test.
replyreply
07-21-2021, (Subject: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn ) 
What bolt is broke?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
07-21-2021, (Subject: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn ) 
(07-21-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  What bolt is broke?

The lower bolt on the metering actuator is stripped.
replyreply
I'm presuming the head stripped cause if the threads were stripped you'd be leaking fuel like crazy.
replyreply
(07-21-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  I'm presuming the head stripped cause if the threads were stripped you'd be leaking fuel like crazy.

Yes the head.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.