Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power
06-07-2021, (Subject: Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power ) 
Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power
2010 Pete 386 with an isx

Over the past few days the gauges (speedo,tach,oil,water temp, ) started losing power intermittently with an ABS warning and CEL (currently no gauges for an hour ). It seemed if I was steady at a higher rpm for a minute or two power would return although now not the case. I read a few different threads and started with the obvious , checking all fuses and battery cables (all good) , checked and changed the two fuses in the battery box (5amp I believe) . I removed the two body controller connectors under the hood connecting to the firewall and noticed they were slightly dirty/corroded so I cleaned with electrical cleaner . I pulled my head unit out of the dash to see if the windshield seal is leaking and I did notice the wires seemed a bit damp back there and it’s been raining on and off the past few days . I replaced the fuse located in the low voltage disconnect it was 100amp but noticed a smaller fuse bellow 70amp which I wasn’t able to get . I’m now empty in Savannah Ga, on my way home to SW FL to fix the issue. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks !
replyreply
RE: Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power
here are some other related threads on this type of stuff...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid61130

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(06-07-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  here are some other related threads on this type of stuff...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid61130

Thank you
replyreply
So do the gauges just die or do they seem to go into a constant sweep mode with the dpf lights blinking on and off.

My 2009 387 had a similar issue and it was the ignition relay in the fuse box out on the passenger side firewall.

The start relay and ignition relays are identical so you could swap them around just to test that theory.
replyreply
(06-07-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  So do the gauges just die or do they seem to go into a constant sweep mode with the dpf lights blinking on and off.

My 2009 387 had a similar issue and it was the ignition relay in the fuse box out on the passenger side firewall.

The start relay and ignition relays are identical so you could swap them around just to test that theory.

The gauges do jump around a bit then eventually die, I’ll give that a shot sounds like a possibility thanks.
replyreply
04-24-2023, (Subject: Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power ) 
Did you ever find your issue with your gauges. I'm having the same problem.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.