OIL Faves?
06-08-2021, (Subject: OIL Faves? ) 
RE: OIL Faves?
I can tell on my cm871 when then oil pressure drops 2 psi off of a fresh oil change. At ~1500 rpm it sits at 38-41 when fresh and when it gets time to change it drops 36-39 psi. Usually spot on to 12,000-15000 miles.

On my cm870 it told me by getting more chattery and breathing a bit heavier out the blow by. Fell right in the same mileage range.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
06-09-2021, (Subject: OIL Faves? ) 
Ive done Delo but willing to switch to rotella :)
replyreply
Rotella and gear oil here. I can tell when it is time to change oil.
replyreply
Delo 400 and super tech gear oil for the last 500k. No issues.
replyreply
same as Nilao, Delo 15w40 and Super Tech 80w90.

Like the other guys I've begun to get a feel for when it needs changing. Sounds a little different. In fact it just transitioned a day or so ago. Also track my fuel mileage in a spreadsheet and it automatically calculates my next target oil change based on my running mpg average for that oil. Just so happens I hit that exact mileage interval today too. Unfortunately the oil and gear lube won't be delivered until saturday so she's gotta hold out another 700-800 miles. Roughly 16,000 on this oil, demandated and only slightly darker then when it went in.

For the record, I can also hear the difference when I get about 2 quarts down from the full line on the dipstick.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
01-31-2022, (Subject: OIL Faves? ) 
I have been unable to find rotella T around here in 55 gal. barrels but have a supplier with PETRO-CANADA Duron HP 15W-40 readily available. How does this compare to shell oil as far as quality and additive package?? I want to stick with a brand for the long term not keep switching every other oil change.
replyreply
01-31-2022, (Subject: OIL Faves? ) 
Delo 15w-40 and sta-lube 85-90 here changed every 8k miles on average. Demandated makes big difference on soot at change intervals. I run delo in 3 trucks and over 30 different pieces of heavy equipment and have never had a oil related failure. Just pick a top shelf oil and stick with it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.