Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator
06-15-2021, (Subject: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator ) 
RE: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator
(06-15-2021 )HamblinTrucking Wrote:  Yes, I have heard that as well. My low boost under heavy load and empty water separator happened together. I've always had an inch or so of fuel above the retaining ring every time I change it. Now I don't.

have you done a rail leak-down test? --- will it pass?
cm2250 leak-down teast

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-16-2021, (Subject: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator ) 
just fyi Any truck with a cummins and has a davco should be running fleetguard FS19727 filter
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , JimT
06-20-2021, (Subject: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator ) 
(06-16-2021 )RollinCoal Wrote:  just fyi Any truck with a cummins and has a davco should be running fleetguard FS19727 filter

Yes. Going back to my post earlier about having had the same issue, I checked and once I switched to FS19727 the problem stopped and I currently have over 30k on this filter with fuel only about half way up and no blackness on the filter media. Unfortunately the shops (TA) that I no longer use to do my filter/fluid changes would substitute between a few different filters depending what they had on hand. When I started doing my own changes I went by the part #'s they installed and kept having this issue. Finally I did my research and found the FS19727 which has worked fine.

It seems some of the other compatible filters are 7 micron and this one is a 10 micron. Interestingly enough, the low fuel level in the davco problem always occurred with a fresh filter and would eventually go away as the filter started to get black/clog up. Seems counter intuitive to get better flow with a 7 micron filter AFTER it starts to clog up.

Anyway, all I know is FS19727 has worked flawlessly since it was installed and Cummins specifies using a 10 micron filter there, so that's what I'm going to stick with.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
10-22-2022, (Subject: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator ) 
Did you ever find your problem? It seems similar to what I'm dealing with?
replyreply
10-23-2022, (Subject: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator ) 
On your davco is the filter mounted on the top or the bottom?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.