SmartNav gauge change/add
06-04-2021, (Subject: SmartNav gauge change/add ) 
SmartNav gauge change/add
2016 Pete 389 isx15
I just got this truck and have a few things I've been trying to fine tune.
One problem is that I've got no diff temperature gauges. No mechanical and none on the SmartNav.
Is it possible to get them added into the SmartNav system by Peterbilt?
I have no more room on my dash for gauges...other than a pyro gauge when it comes in.
I do have a couple redundant gauges though.
I have a mechanical trans temp and manifold pressure gauge...but I also have them on the SmartNav.
I'd like to remove those from Smart NAV and add the diff temps...if possible.
Anyone ever done it?
replyreply
06-04-2021, (Subject: SmartNav gauge change/add ) 
RE: SmartNav gauge change/add
I dont recall diff temps being an option in esa. Are the temp probes even installed in the diffs?
replyreply
06-05-2021, (Subject: SmartNav gauge change/add ) 
RE: SmartNav gauge change/add
(06-04-2021 )Skman Wrote:  2016 Pete 389 isx15
I just got this truck and have a few things I've been trying to fine tune.
One problem is that I've got no diff temperature gauges. No mechanical and none on the SmartNav.
Is it possible to get them added into the SmartNav system by Peterbilt?
I have no more room on my dash for gauges...other than a pyro gauge when it comes in.
I do have a couple redundant gauges though.
I have a mechanical trans temp and manifold pressure gauge...but I also have them on the SmartNav.
I'd like to remove those from Smart NAV and add the diff temps...if possible.
Anyone ever done it?

I’d start by checking for the diff. temp. connectors in the wire loom at the back of the frame. If they’re present then it’s just a plug and play affair, you’ll only need to buy the temp. sending units and the gauges.The gauges are on the J1939 backbone so you can plug them in anywhere in the dash you have an opening and enable them with ESA and your good to go. If you don’t have the connectors out back though your pretty much SOL.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.